Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mysterio is my favourite Spider-Man villain, so it's nice to see him realized this nicely. I assume the fishbowl in this film is a forcefield of some kind that he dons for battle.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by cjefferys
      Yeah, I agree. It was great seeing the fishbowl in the trailer briefly, but I hope to see a lot more of it in the film. It's a very striking and unique part of his costume.
      Not only that but shouldn't a super villain really go out of their way NOT to show their face?

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Green Goblin is my favorite Spidey villain, but to this day...his look has disappointed (both Willem “Iron Man Goblin” DeFoe and James Franco’s PATHETIC version). Maybe in future installments of these Spidey series, we finally get to see a proper Gobby...
        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
          Green Goblin is my favorite Spidey villain, but to this day...his look has disappointed (both Willem “Iron Man Goblin” DeFoe and James Franco’s PATHETIC version). Maybe in future installments of these Spidey series, we finally get to see a proper Gobby...
          When I was a kid I always thought Norman Osborne transformed into the Goblin because of the formula he took, thanks to the episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. I always liked that idea.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
            We almost did.... They came close and then decided to make him look like a Power Rangers villain.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Oh, I forgot this other pathetic version...

Good grief...
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^I cry every time I see that wonderful Goblin prototype. Who thought the frozen Power Ranger face was a good idea? Especially on one of the most expressive faces in Hollywood?

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                  We almost did.... They came close and then decided to make him look like a Power Rangers villain.

Yeah, seen that before...and it looked great, dead on, spooky too...
                  sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    ^I cry every time I see that wonderful Goblin prototype. Who thought the frozen Power Ranger face was a good idea? Especially on one of the most expressive faces in Hollywood?

Chris
                    That's what happens when Hollywood idiots try to ground comic books movies in "reality". They don't understand comics are an ESCAPE from reality.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Chris
                      Sony, and IIRC Arad liked the battlesuit because it was an easier toy.

So was DaFoe supposed to mutate from the bioweapon gas? I'm guessing they must have had scenes written that showed the side effects at work.

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Now if they could use the Ramones version of the cartoon theme the movie would be just about perfect.
                        I KNOW!! I was hoping for that in Homecoming!

I don't know why they're so coy with the 60s theme. I've always wanted the melody to be incorprated into the score a bit too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Looks like they are doing just that this time. I nearly wept when they used it over the Marvel banner for Homecoming.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Homecoming Spider-Man is THE most faithful Romita-esque Spidey we've had on screen. They should bring back that Goblin Prototype so we can have perfect synergy.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                              The GG bodysuit would've rocked for the Scorpion, though. Add cowl/goggles. CGI tail, clawed gloves--awesome.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brazoo
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 14, 2009

^Looks like they are doing just that this time. I nearly wept when they used it over the Marvel banner for Homecoming.

Chris

Yes, it's awesome! I was super excited when I caught that taste of it in Homecoming too!

Still, I won't be 100% happy until I hear it unabashedly blaring with a full horn section and orchestra. I want Spidey's theme to be like Indiana Jone's theme and I feel like I've been waiting for that since the first Raimi movie.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎