• Treadwell
      Museum Super Collector
      • Dec 31, 2018

Thanks!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Does this mean there's hope for a POTA new Mego line in a future wave?

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          Does this mean there's hope for a POTA new Mego line in a future wave?
          Let's hope so...

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Or it could mean they had access to the parts but not the Apes license, so used it for other things, like werewolf hands. Don't read too much in to it and get unrealistic expectations, as unrealistic expectations always lead to disappointment, and it's a self-created disappointment that gets blamed on someone else (in this case it would be Mego) for disappointing us.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Treadwell
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 31, 2018

I just wanted to know so I could use them as replacements for vintage figs that used them.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

I think the Screaming Werewolf is the same as both Mugato hands and feet (or, at least, the EMCE- DST version). I'm guessing the original Mugato also had the hairy Apes hands.

Comment

• Treadwell
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Dec 31, 2018

..and original Gorn.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

...and for some reason the falcon.

and mego used those same hands on the falcon cause they just reused the soldier ape body .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by tllgn
                      ...and for some reason the falcpn... and mego used those same hands on the falcon cause they just reused the soldier ape body .
                      That always irked me. One of the first tweaks I did as a collector was to put Penguin hands on the Falcon. Birds of a feather...
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I'm thinking a werewolf body might make a cool pota zaius figure actually.or even cornelius.

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by MRP
                          Or it could mean they had access to the parts but not the Apes license, so used it for other things, like werewolf hands. Don't read too much in to it and get unrealistic expectations, as unrealistic expectations always lead to disappointment, and it's a self-created disappointment that gets blamed on someone else (in this case it would be Mego) for disappointing us.

-M
                          I'd tend to agree with you that they just used the "Apes" hands for the Werewolf because they had access to them...

Personally, I'm not holding out any hope that they'll actually reboot the "Apes" line-I just thought it'd be a nice idea if they would, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath for it...

Comment

• Doctor Dim
                            • May 18, 2017

I would hope that they'd make a more realistic Soldier Ape head, a color-accurate Zaius, and a General Ursus who isn't wearing an Aldo uniform. If they're just going to reproduce the original Mego figures, don't bother; I have the originals already.

I'd love to see some new characters, also, like Nova, Mendez XXVI, Armando, Kolp, and the Lawgiver.

Comment

• MegoMonk
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 22, 2007

Originally posted by Doctor Dim
                              I would hope that they'd make a more realistic Soldier Ape head, a color-accurate Zaius, and a General Ursus who isn't wearing an Aldo uniform. If they're just going to reproduce the original Mego figures, don't bother; I have the originals already.

I'd love to see some new characters, also, like Nova, Mendez XXVI, Armando, Kolp, and the Lawgiver.
                              I would like all of those, plus Julius, the jailkeeper (with a cigar)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎