X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
    Funny how many cringe at nudity...but are okay with bloody violent gore, lol.
    I can do without both to be totally honest.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I can do without both to be totally honest.
      Then it wouldn’t be Game of Thrones...

sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
        There is something weird about watching someone grow up and then seeing them nude. I think the scene worked for who the character is now but I would not have ordered it.
        Yeah, it definitely works for the story but it did seem kind of awkward and uncomfortable. But hey, Arya was a virgin so I guess it's fitting.

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock

That's awesome! Tormund had some great lines last episode. And I agree with Hector, Brienne being knighted by Jamie was really touching, got a bit of a lump in my throat during that scene.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Tormund got a lump too, just lower down. Then had a happy little accident.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Seriously, I think that was the most incredible 80 minutes of television I’ve ever seen in my life.

‘Nuff said.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Wow, that’s all I’m saying...wow...
              sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

It was really good. An amazing time for excellent fantasy.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

now, that was epic. I just wish it hadn't been so dark through most of the battle, it was really hard to tell what was happening at times

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

Outstanding episode last night. So much going on that I wasn't even sure who was still alive at the end. The last three episodes are going to be special.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

It was a spectacle for sure! I agree, it was too darn dark... Although that darkness was very well used with the Dothraki charge... wow to that!
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

they really did an amazing job with all of the actors showing the absolute terror and desperation they were feeling

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I watched this Sunday evening after catching the Avengers Endgame at matinee. It was quite the day for epic nerdery.

I have always loved the way Game of Thrones subverts the classic tropes of fantasy, but in a way that doesn't seem unearned. *SPOILERS* To have the killing blow come from Arya, instead of Jon or Dany, and to do it with the catspaw blade that started the whole sage... that was a perfect moment. */SPOILERS*

The dark was a little frustrating... I get they were going for a "fog of war" thing, both to amp up the story and to reduce CGI costs on what must have already been a ridiculously expensive episode. But it wasn't so bad that it put me off completely.

Oh, one more thing: *SPOILERS* How great was Alfie Allen!? His acting has always been among the best of a really talented cast, but that was a masterclass on how to film a death scene. */SPOILERS*

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

agreed. He truly redeemed himself. I think this is an episode you need to watch again in order to really let it all sink in. the darkness annoyed me a little but certainly did not take away from a masterful episode. the sense of doom and edge of your seat tenseness was there for the entire episode.

spoilers

before it started I asked my wife and daughters who they thought would die in the episode. I said Sir Jora, my youngest daughter said Theon. my oldest said Tyrion. that last was the only one I disagreed with. I think he will survive it all. I actually think either Tyrion or Jamie will be the one to strike the killing blow on Cercei. that is a death long deserved and a long time coming

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              agreed. He truly redeemed himself. I think this is an episode you need to watch again in order to really let it all sink in. the darkness annoyed me a little but certainly did not take away from a masterful episode.
                              There is a LOT of criticism out there today about the "darkness", but I've watched the episode twice now on different TVs, and I had no trouble following the action, even after the night king brought the storm. And I don't fault the scenes that were deliberately supposed to be hard to "see", such as the dragons trying to navigate and fight in the storm.

The episode is currently trending at a ridiculous 73% on rotten tomatoes, which blows my mind. I thought it was a masterpiece of an episode.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I couldn't get tickets to "Endgame" on Sunday but I didn't feel cheated because this was pretty damned intense.

I just lost a lot of my favourite people, blerg.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎