X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

And spoiler alert just in case...

I don't think it was a shock to see Dany become the Mad Queen. There's her lineage, her best bud being murdered before her eyes, losing another dragon, betrayals all over the place, her boyfriend/nephew taking a pass, burning Sam's father and brother but still, it felt very rushed last night. Like the producers knew they had two episodes left so they better wrap things up fast. And all the while I watched that, fascinating and well done technically as it was, I kept thinking "Just go after Cersei in the castle...just go straight there there's nothing in your way..."

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Agree with the last several posts. This wasn’t quite true to character. They needed to develop this story better to make it believable. The best word is definitely rushed. This should have been more strongly alluded to starting several seasons ago. Dany always punished people who were st least in some way deserving of their fate. This was too out of character even though I could see it coming. I was really hoping for a left turn back to sanity for her, but alas, I feel they can’t possibly right the ship now. Still love the show, overall, but feel a bit cheated with this part and am afraid it will leave a bad lasting taste in my mouth for the whole series.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

My spoiler theory....

Daenerys will try to execute Jon, Sansa, and Tyrion. She will utter the word “Dracarys”...but Drogon will refuse...as it knows Jon is the rightful Targaryen to the Iron Throne. Now, since Daenerys seems to be immune to fire, I don’t know exactly what happens next...maybe Jon simply ends her with a knife. I don’t think it will be Sansa, Tyrion, nor Arya. It has to be John Snow.
        sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Don't forget that ever since sailing back to Westeros, Dany had been itching to take her dragons to King's Landing to burn-out Cersei. Tyrion, Jon, and others always had to talk her out of it because of all the collateral damage, and she went along with them, each time more grudgingly than the last. So I didn't really feel like this was sudden, especially since the pressure on her psyche has been ratcheted up exponentially. This article does a pretty good job illustrating that..

If you thought that turn on Game of Thrones felt surprising, or like it came out of nowhere...you haven’t been paying attention.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

The episode was really good. It looked fantastic too.
            It will be nice if the last one is a full two hours.

Spoilers-

Spoilers-

Spoilers-

Maybe Daenerys suddenly snapped like Anakin Skywalker, the last straw. The bonus at the end hinted at she became angry that the Red Keep was taken away from her, she should have been there all along.

Once they separate Daenerys from the Dragon, they could just imprison her in a non-flammable dungeon.

I think G.R.R.M. promised a 'Lord of the Rings' style ending, and it has been epic so far, and the world should become right, as things should be, but there are prices the characters have to pay.
            ---------

Maybe I missed something big, but if Winter has arrived, is there no Winter in the South?
            ---------
            Another side comment, I wonder if the Dragons made any new eggs. It would be nice to see a future scene where new Dragons grow old, and their heads are as big as two-story buildings, getting larger than the Dragon Skulls found in the catacombs.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
              Don't forget that ever since sailing back to Westeros, Dany had been itching to take her dragons to King's Landing to burn-out Cersei. Tyrion, Jon, and others always had to talk her out of it because of all the collateral damage, and she went along with them, each time more grudgingly than the last. So I didn't really feel like this was sudden, especially since the pressure on her psyche has been ratcheted up exponentially. This article does a pretty good job illustrating that..

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden-...-ti-1834722527
              Good article...we keep forgetting her past actions...
              sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Very well written article. Wish that writer worked on the show. They probably could have made it seem more logical to the story.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I think a lot of them acted out of character. don't get me wrong, I loved the episode, but Danny went too far. okay, maybe she finally snapped. I don't believe Tyrion would have betrayed Varis like that. totally out of character for him. Arya just agreeing with the hound and dropping the vendetta she has carried for years and walking away? no way.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

image0000001(4).jpg
                    So true...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25445[/ATTACH]
                      So true...
                      That's a good one!
                      ---------

Anyway,
                      "It ain't over 'till it's over"

I think it will all come together on Sunday.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

Season 8...We find Jamie and Tyrion hot gluing Infinity Stones to his golden hand and snapping everyone back to the first episode and everybody just makes better choices...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

Spoiler-

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I feel that the Game of Thrones Finale is perfect!

I really loved it and it was a rare true pleasure to watch it.

I had wondered if they would mention the Targarian that once talked to Jon Snow at Castle Black, being what was earlier revealed, so I thought that was also cool, to bring everything together.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Not what I was expecting but I enjoyed it.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Well some of it I did expect but I think I still was looking for more closure than was presented.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

i was rather disappointed in that. some good moments yes, but overall a disapointment

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎