Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: Game of Thrones: The Final Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Spock View Post
    The best part of the finale is that it set up what should be the next show.. a small council sitcom!
    I would watch that show. Sounds great!

Images
    I think I still need some time to process my thoughts, but... I liked it. I thought the ending was earned and paid off most of its many storylines. I feel like the parts that didn't fully land are more of a function of the compressed seasons 7 & 8 (and possibly D&D's inability to sustain the slow burn without Martin's books to serve as a blueprint). While I have my quibbles, it doesn't make me regret that I spent over a decade obsessing over the books and the show.

Images
    SPOILERS... sorta... can an ad be a spoiler? Not sure... but just to be safe... let's say SPOILERS...

Oh, and on an unrelated note... that Westworld teaser before the finale was brilliant. Half way through, I'm thinking, "I would totally watch this new Aaron Paul sci-fi show"... and then that ending hits and I realize, "oh, I already am watching this show!" It was like a magic trick. Westworld overall has been kind of hit or miss for me, but that teaser totally did its job and got me excited again for the new season.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Oh, and on an unrelated note... that Westworld teaser before the finale was brilliant. Half way through, I'm thinking, "I would totally watch this new Aaron Paul sci-fi show"... and then that ending hits and I realize, "oh, I already am watching this show!" It was like a magic trick. Westworld overall has been kind of hit or miss for me, but that teaser totally did its job and got me excited again for the new season.
    I had exactly the same reaction, lol...

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/cul...ation-daenerys
    Fun political based article that Dany was right.