• Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Actually it was Thomas Jane and a guest shot from Ron Perlman

Brutal just like Punisher should be
    Great short. But let’s not kid ourselves...the Netflix version is the same thing, brutal, no difference. Plus Thomas Jane had his movie shot, and he came up short, so let’s pump the breaks here, lol...
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
      What's weird is that when he takes off the mask and people look at him in the show it's like as if they're horrified. When really you wouldn't think much of anything those scars
      I’d have to agree with you on this one though.

See? We don’t always disagree...

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
        The first episode was bad? Are you kidding me? The bathroom fight and the bar brawl was friggin kickarze, awesome in fact.

That baddie crew had a bunch of baddarze female killers, I loved it.
        The problem with the bar fight was - it put dozens of innocent people's in mortal danger for the sake of the girl acting like a turd.

In fact at least 2 bystanders are shot - one, a likeable guy, fatally.

And how much sslllloowwwwwww time can be spent on Frank's new love interest.

I realize they are expecting us to assume they will explain turd girl later, but she is still turd girl.

Lots of senseless killing, lots of stupid love scene. Lots of stupid plot unnecessary plot set up. The 2 episodes needed an editor and put into 1.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Great short. But let’s not kid ourselves...the Netflix version is the same thing, brutal, no difference. Plus Thomas Jane had his movie shot, and he came up short, so let’s pump the breaks here, lol...
          But it is like I said of the Punisher. He is awesome in short bursts or as a guest star. I think that is why I like this.

Oh - and it is just the bad guys that get it in this short. Not everyone else in a bar.

Give my Dolph!

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

I realize they are expecting us to assume they will explain turd girl later, but she is still turd girl.
            I haven't seen any episodes of this show and have no dog in the hunt. However, I can't help but get a big laugh out of this statement, independent of any context.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

The problem with the bar fight was - it put dozens of innocent people's in mortal danger for the sake of the girl acting like a turd.

In fact at least 2 bystanders are shot - one, a likeable guy, fatally.

And how much sslllloowwwwwww time can be spent on Frank's new love interest.

Lots of senseless killing, lots of stupid love scene. Lots of stupid plot unnecessary plot set up. The 2 episodes needed an editor and put into 1.
              It was awesome...killing everywhere!!!!

P.S. I do agree that girl is a turd, no objections here...

sigpic

Comment

• Streaky
                • Jan 6, 2019

It was awesome...killing everywhere!!!!

P.S. I do agree that girl is a turd, no objections here...

And since when did Morality fall into a tv show about the Punisher?

How many times in the real world do we see people doing stuff just like this to take down a bad guy...

And I saw the whole season it does play out...Why do people not follow the story? we all read comic books right? did we skip to the end of the books and act dumbfounded what happened because it was slow and had some irritable characters? No
                Last edited by Streaky; Jan 28, '19, 6:57 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Bingo! ^^^^^^^

As you said, this is the Punisher, not the Adventures of Gandhi...

Last edited by Hector; Jan 28, '19, 8:19 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Streaky
                    And since when did Morality fall into a tv show about the Punisher?

did we skip to the end of the books... because it was slow and had some irritable characters? No
                    In the case of some comics -including Punisher - yes.

I do like this series. It has problems though. Even a great wrap up, won't excuse poor editing and storytelling. They needed to make this more concise. For example I just watched a several minutes long montage of turd girl being bored in the trailer. I get it -she is cooped up. Move on.

I do LOVE the Punisher ...as a guest in spider-man and daredevil. He just doesn't hold my interest on his own.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I really like it so far. have 3 episodes left. I am going to try and finish it after work tonight

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

After what I consider a poor start, the series ended up being pretty good.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

have we gotten the inevitable cancellation notice yet?

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Ok, just finished watching season 2.

***minor spoilers***

I had to fast-forward through a ton of scenes.The same old angst from everyone, saying the same old thing over and over again, poor me, poor me...from almost everyone...Frank Castle/Punisher, Billy Russo/Jigsaw, Castle’s one-legged Buddy, angry cop, turd girl, the lady law enforcement agent, the lady shrink, etc...BORING...YAWN...SHUT UP ALREADY!!!

Why didn’t I include John the Minnonite/Pilgrim? Because he was BY FAR...the BEST character...he STOLE the show!!!

Bill Russo/Jigsaw was the opposite...the most ANNOYING and OBNOXIOUS crybaby of the bunch. Nothing but poor whining me, oh, Castle scarred me, he scarred me! I’m a monster now, blah, blah, blah. You weren’t even disfigured, you just had some minor razor shave scratches, lol. YOU FRIGGIN SLAUGHTERED CASTLE’S FAMILY, YOU MONUMENTAL TURD!!!!!

I rate it 7/10. John the Pilgrim was great. The brutal fight scenes were great too...but the rest was slow and plodding...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Ok, just finished watching season 2.

***minor spoilers***

I had to fast-forward through a ton of scenes.The same old angst from everyone, saying the same old thing over and over again, poor me, poor me...from almost everyone...Frank Castle/Punisher, Billy Russo/Jigsaw, Castle’s one-legged Buddy, angry cop, turd girl, the lady law enforcement agent, the lady shrink, etc...BORING...YAWN...SHUT UP ALREADY!!!

Why didn’t I include John the Minnonite/Pilgrim? Because he was BY FAR...the BEST character...he STOLE the show!!!

Bill Russo/Jigsaw was the opposite...the most ANNOYING and OBNOXIOUS crybaby of the bunch. Nothing but poor whining me, oh, Castle scarred me, he scarred me! I’m a monster now, blah, blah, blah. You weren’t even disfigured, you just had some minor razor shave scratches, lol. YOU FRIGGIN SLAUGHTERED CASTLE’S FAMILY, YOU MONUMENTAL TURD!!!!!

I rate it 7/10. John the Pilgrim was great. The brutal fight scenes were great too...but the rest was slow and plodding...
                              Yep. Most of those characters were great,but as you said -I too had t "I had to fast-forward through a ton of scenes.The same old angst from everyone, saying the same old thing over and over again, poor me, poor me", yep. billy was the worst

and yes pilgrim was the exception. no wasted time on his story and it was interesting.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

My brother from another mother! ^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎