• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMonk
    Career Member
    • Jan 22, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    Just Freddy and Joe Namath.

All of the sculptors at Mego are extremely talented and not only sculpt toys but also have worked on numerous projects for companies as Disney and Dreamworks, to name a couple. They all do beautiful work.
    The Joe Namath sculpt is awesome. I am not a big football fan, but I went to a lot of Jets games when they still played at Shea. No offense to Joe, but he was never really a good looking guy, the Mego figure looks exactly like him. The Freddy sculpt is great, too. I am not a huge fan of the Freddy movies, but I cant wait to get that Mego Freddy. I wish you had sculpted Elvis.

Comment

• MegoMonk
      Career Member
      • Jan 22, 2007

Originally posted by jayraytee
      I agree with you.

Not everything will sell. Charlies Angels and Brady Bunch are still clogging the pegs at all the targets around here.

Time will tell, but to me I think with most old school Mego collectors they like the Mego format and old school style licenses more.

Modern audiences who they are aiming at with the new licenses are generally not into the Mego format even if they like the modern licenses. So you will have more peg warmers if they go in that direction. It just isn't easy to turn people on to the 40+ year old format. There will be some, but not a lot. Its like if you were to try and market 70s era plastic Halloween costumes with the characters photo on the chest to modern kids with modern licenses.... it still might not work because of the old school format.

The Legends, Horror, Sci-Fi stuff can work because of cross over collectors. Wizard of Oz collectors will buy no matter what the format. Horror collectors will buy no matter what the format. Etc. You get both Mego Collectors and the genre collectors buying.

We all want Mego to succeed so the only concern is that they will pick licenses that just won't connect with whatever audience they are going for. Target made some mistakes with their choices which is painfully obvious.
      I think the Charlies Angels would have sold better if the they really looked liked Jacyln, Kate and Cheryl. Now we are getting a Farrah figure that looks like Farrah. They will not display well together.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MegoMonk
        The Joe Namath sculpt is awesome. I am not a big football fan, but I went to a lot of Jets games when they still played at Shea. No offense to Joe, but he was never really a good looking guy, the Mego figure looks exactly like him. The Freddy sculpt is great, too. I am not a huge fan of the Freddy movies, but I cant wait to get that Mego Freddy. I wish you had sculpted Elvis.
        Thanks!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Yes I did. Thank you!
          I love my Blue Batman! Please accept my compliments and a hardy "thank you!!!" for a job well-done!

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

I was Channel flipping and came across Impractical Jokers. I have given it a chance in the past, and thought it was moronic. I thought I would give it another try. It is terrible. I realize not everyone has the same taste, but I'm having a hard time even seeing what people see in this. I would rather watch Fuller house and The Facts of Life back to back.

It is nice to have the Mego action figures out there for the public, and for customizing fodder.

Eventually we will find out which figures just cannot sell. They will be blown out at almost nothing. Will it be Facts of Life? Impractical Jokers? Something else altogether?

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Brue
              I was Channel flipping and came across Impractical Jokers. I have given it a chance in the past, and thought it was moronic. I thought I would give it another try. It is terrible. I realize not everyone has the same taste, but I'm having a hard time even seeing what people see in this. I would rather watch Fuller house and The Facts of Life back to back.

It is nice to have the Mego action figures out there for the public, and for customizing fodder.

Eventually we will find out which figures just cannot sell. They will be blown out at almost nothing. Will it be Facts of Life? Impractical Jokers? Something else altogether?
              I think it is hilarious. The guys certainly do moronic things, which is kind of the point.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I think we're going to find out whether or not their fans want action figures. I'm sure some Mego collectors will welcome these but it seems like this line isn't really aimed at us. I can't even figure out customs i can do with these guys, not into smiling figures.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megodarryl
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 31, 2006

I'm no fan of Impractical Jokers, but I'd use the 2 bearded heads for original series Klingons

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

they may be good for Batman 66 villain goons

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡