• Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by comicmike
    Impractical Jokers
    Joe Gatto, James Murray, Sal Vulcano, Brian Quinn

While well executed, this line perplexes me.

Comment

• K
      Fun Will Now Commence
      • Jun 20, 2001

^ Not my taste, but to each his/ her own. I hope they never make Ridiculousness figures!
      I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

stuff like impractical jokers concerns me as I don't see them selling and would hurt mego, by hanging on the pegs and then retailers won't order more mego product.*oh well* I guess if it doesn't we just wont see more of it

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Brue
          While well executed, this line perplexes me.
          Same here.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Toywiz is selling them individually. 15.99 so only a buck more than Target. Nearly half the price of one FTC figure.
            Why is Toywiz also selling Wave 1 peg warmers for $32.99?

https://toywiz.com/the-facts-of-life...action-figure/

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
              stuff like impractical jokers concerns me as I don't see them selling and would hurt mego, by hanging on the pegs and then retailers won't order more mego product.*oh well* I guess if it doesn't we just wont see more of it
              I don't see how Target is going to get rid of Wave 1 & 2 peg warmers even at rock bottom prices.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                How about Dolly Parton for the Legends line? Along with Cher and Diana Ross. They would have to pad her out a bit more, I think.

I'm liking where the whole Legends line is going.

JeffBearCO
                I Friggin' love Dolly

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Treadwell
                  Nice to see new colors on the phasers and communicators, but that phaser looks HUGE!

Looks like Spock's right hand is doing the Vulcan salute.
                  Love the Trek details, especially Spock's hand & those weapons' black-silver(?)color

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    No 14" Aquaman on your list? He has to be coming, since they're making Black Manta.
                    Loving that Aquaman. He appears Specialized: One online pic shows green hands (even if they may be Photoshop'ped). At first glance, I thought the gaunlets looked like they were adapted from the Magnetic Robin ones (but more elongated & pointed): Now I'm not so sure if they are sewn to the costume, but I still Love those gloves!! *Score*! Loving it!!

The head sculpt is fresh: Doesn't look like a carbon copy of other superheroes; somehow more unique-looking, IMO.

Last edited by comicmike; Jan 19, '19, 2:53 AM.

Comment

• SWDAVE
                      • May 31, 2017

Being a fan of the Impractical Jokers, I think these figures will sell well, especially online. There are a lot of people that have never been exposed to Mego that are fans of this show (a younger crowd). I believe this is a line that will bring new life and a new demographic to Mego.

Comment

• K
                        Fun Will Now Commence
                        • Jun 20, 2001

Only thing about Aquaman in that photo: his feet look like those on a Seuss character

Screenshot_20190118-211508.jpg
                        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I might get a couple of the monsters, like Nosferatu and the Invisible Man...I'm not sure about the others. Maybe glow Franky?

Dana
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

I'm not sure who Impractical Jokers are, and I'm not sure I get doing New52 versions NOW that New52 is a recent memory a lot of DC fans want to forget. I guess they felt like modern versions might have some play appeal? I was really wishing for Supergirl.

Although it's all exciting, I think I'm getting way pickier and choosier because the only ones I'll get are Farrah for the Angels set, and possibly Aquaman. A lot of the reissued variations on characters seem like a cheap way to keep producing the better sellers, whether it's to get them to buyers who missed out on the first version or to hook collectors who like variants. Me, it just comes down to what I have space for and like do I need 2 Spocks or 2 werewolves, yknow? But I'm happy that a lot of these do seem like they will sell well, even if I don't personally want them.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                              SynthoRes Transmigrator
                              • Oct 24, 2007

These are great. Elvis, Marilyn Monroe. How about Groucho Marx?? Please...James Dean!

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                                I'm not sure who Impractical Jokers are, and I'm not sure I get doing New52 versions NOW that New52 is a recent memory a lot of DC fans want to forget. I guess they felt like modern versions might have some play appeal? I was really wishing for Supergirl.

Although it's all exciting, I think I'm getting way pickier and choosier because the only ones I'll get are Farrah for the Angels set, and possibly Aquaman. A lot of the reissued variations on characters seem like a cheap way to keep producing the better sellers, whether it's to get them to buyers who missed out on the first version or to hook collectors who like variants. Me, it just comes down to what I have space for and like do I need 2 Spocks or 2 werewolves, yknow? But I'm happy that a lot of these do seem like they will sell well, even if I don't personally want them.
                                The new52 look/costumes is what is used in most of the recent animated movies for DC as well, so a younger crowd more familiar with the characters from other media than the comics will be more familiar with those characters than the classic looks. The new52 looks are also the looks used for licensing now on many things, so while the new52 era of comics are over, the costumes/look of the characters is what younger fans are going to be more familiar with.

As to why some of the reissues, I think those figures are likely to be evergreen sellers, so they want them out there outside of just Target distribution. My guess is there was some clause in the Target deal that they cannot re-release the exact same figures that Target had hence the variations on things like Bela, Werewolf, Romulan etc. and even the new52 versions of the DC Trinity and Joker. Since this is largely a transitional wave, moving from Target exclusives to products in mass market elsewhere in the US retail world and internationally. you want to have a good core assortment of your best stuff for those wider markets, hence some repetition of the best of the Target stuff with variants, but I hope moving forward we see more new figures in future waves. I get wanting to have your best sellers to offer to potential new retailers other than Target to make the line more appealing, but like MAry said, I only have so much room and budget and an hoping for more new figures. That said, I will likely still get the Hendrix variant and glow in the dark Frankie even though I have the Target releases.

-M
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎