Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

if they go on clearance I'd snag them for customs.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I'm not angry I just don't think they will sell. It's not even about what I personally like or don't like. I intensely dislike Freddy Kruger but still think the figure will sell quite well.
      I agree with you.

Not everything will sell. Charlies Angels and Brady Bunch are still clogging the pegs at all the targets around here.

Time will tell, but to me I think with most old school Mego collectors they like the Mego format and old school style licenses more.

Modern audiences who they are aiming at with the new licenses are generally not into the Mego format even if they like the modern licenses. So you will have more peg warmers if they go in that direction. It just isn't easy to turn people on to the 40+ year old format. There will be some, but not a lot. Its like if you were to try and market 70s era plastic Halloween costumes with the characters photo on the chest to modern kids with modern licenses.... it still might not work because of the old school format.

The Legends, Horror, Sci-Fi stuff can work because of cross over collectors. Wizard of Oz collectors will buy no matter what the format. Horror collectors will buy no matter what the format. Etc. You get both Mego Collectors and the genre collectors buying.

We all want Mego to succeed so the only concern is that they will pick licenses that just won't connect with whatever audience they are going for. Target made some mistakes with their choices which is painfully obvious.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        I'm curious to see how Impractical Jokers do. Their show has been on since 2011, they have 800K Twitter followers, and sell a ton of merch on their website. I can imagine multiple costume variations in the future if they do well.
        I'm guessing they can be sold through their site. As long as that's the case, they will move.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          A lot of people really like these guys. Their show is really popular. They might sell really well.
          Agreed. The show is really funny too. My face hurts sometimes after watching it from laughing so much.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

The show is really funny. The figures might sell, not sure.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

WOW... That Andre is so awful.

Like, EVERYTHING about is terrible.

The belt. Worst ever.

The body? Horrible choice.

The steel chair? Looks tiny and odd.

The head sculpt? Good god man.

I guess the outfit and boots are okay.

This line is full of so many drastic swings. Some of these figures are fantastic. Freddy is a 5 star figure from the looks of it. But then some of these other ones are so slapdash thrown together it's almost embarrassing. How can they make the guys from Cheers look identical to their real life faces and then make an Elvis that looks like Kurt Russell when he played Elvis and an Andre that looks like that?!

FTC has similar issues, but usually their sculpts are solid they just can't get head scale down.

I just find it strange how vastly different in quality some of these figures are.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                This line is full of so many drastic swings. Some of these figures are fantastic. Freddy is a 5 star figure from the looks of it.
                Originally posted by ODBJBG
                How can they make the guys from Cheers look identical to their real life faces...
                Hi, sorry to cherry pick your comment, but I sculpted Freddy and all the Cheers gang and I take what you've written as a compliment, so thank you!!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Jade88
                  • Aug 10, 2018

Hi, sorry to cherry pick your comment, but I sculpted Freddy and all the Cheers gang and I take what you've written as a compliment, so thank you!!
                  There is a stark contrast between your work and some of the other sculpts thus far. It's frustrating tbh, your stuff has such a sharp likeness, and other stuff is way off. Not even unlicensed stuff like the Angels, Elvis is bad.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I wish these other sculptors were on your level.

Care to run down the 8 inch stuff you've done in wave 4?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Jade88
                    Care to run down the 8 inch stuff you've done in wave 4?
                    Just Freddy and Joe Namath.

All of the sculptors at Mego are extremely talented and not only sculpt toys but also have worked on numerous projects for companies as Disney and Dreamworks, to name a couple. They all do beautiful work.
                    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jan 21, '19, 3:16 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

One of the other sculptors has an Oscar for his work.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• K
                        Fun Will Now Commence
                        • Jun 20, 2001

Crimson , you also did that amazing 14" Batman(men) too, right ? Your stuff is awesome . IMO Blue Batman is the best new Mego thus far.
                        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by K
                          Crimson , you also did that amazing 14" Batman(men) too, right ? Your stuff is awesome . IMO Blue Batman is the best new Mego thus far.
                          Yes I did. Thank you!

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

The Cheers figures were amazingly well done (and that's from someone who's never been a Cheers fan), and Mr. Kruger is one of the best figures in the line so far. if not THE best. Selfishly, I hope you get horrendously overworked by Mego in the future.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
                              The Cheers figures were amazingly well done (and that's from someone who's never been a Cheers fan), and Mr. Kruger is one of the best figures in the line so far. if not THE best. Selfishly, I hope you get horrendously overworked by Mego in the future.
                              Thanks!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                                Banned
                                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by scott metzger
                                Yeah, the Freddy one is light years beyond the NECA one (which I own). If it looks as good in person as in the pictures, it’ll be a grand slam.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎