Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Wave Four Reveal: Farrah is returning to Mego!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

I'd love to see a Lee Majors to go with it!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

I think the sculpt does look like her, for sure. I’m not sure what you guys aren’t seeing. It should sell well.

Now, it makes it too bad that the Angels line doesn’t have licensed likenesses. Mego might have had a bit of a hit with them if they were.

Anyhow, this one is a keeper! Hope it does super.

- Ian
      Last edited by EmergencyIan; Jan 12, '19, 5:46 PM. Reason: typo
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Between Farah and Ali it's nice to see new card art.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MysteryWho
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 16, 2008

Now they're cooking. Two out of three must haves for me. The new packaging rocks.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I think it looks like a very young, pre-Charlie's Angels Farrah when she was guesting on shows like I Dream of Jeannie and Partridge Family with the very long, blond hair. I don't think the hair looks like her famous wavy iconic hairstyle in the poster. Plus her bathing suit should be burnt red orange--not bright red like a Baywatch bathing suit. Come to think of it, she could possibly be a custom for Pamela Anderson!
            1969 Dating game.jpg

Comment

• CKMBDavis
              • Nov 21, 2013

I love the card art! I like the figure, too. In fact, I still have that poster. Lol! My only concern is the eyes. No matter what pose she's in, she'll always be looking to the side. It'd be okay if she was to stay in the package, but for those who will open it, it may be an issue.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

There's so much right about this... the poster, the towel, the pose, the card art. This is gonna get peoples' attention on the pegs.

I have a feeling that because it's Mego, it's under heavier scrutiny than if some random company released a Farrah Poster Doll in this scale.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

It does have a good Farrah likeness. I love this. Very excited about this reveal. Hope they will do a Charlie's Angels version of her too.

Comment

• shazam7208
                    Career Member
                    • Oct 28, 2008

She looks great, she has a good likeness and love the card......looking forward to this one! Should be a major hit for MEGO!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by CKMBDavis
                      My only concern is the eyes. No matter what pose she's in, she'll always be looking to the side. It'd be okay if she was to stay in the package, but for those who will open it, it may be an issue.
                      I love the eyes

It has a 60's Ideal Posin' Doll vibe

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

I think she looks like a younger Farrah with less makeup than in the poster.
                        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Jade88
                          • Aug 10, 2018

Mixed feeling here. Loose it will look closer to Pamela Anderson. The wrong color bathing suit is a big deal loose, it just throws it all off.

The female figures continue to get the short end of the stick imo, very mediocre heads. Compare her to someone like Norm from cheers, she's not as recognizable. Why is it so hard to get a women's likeness down?

New Mego has been fantastic! The outfits are unreal and you can't beat a true Mego body. Some heads are dead ringers, some have been way off. I think the paint is part of the problem, too many deco hits to go crazy with the makeup?

That's the one area that FTC shine in imo, they spend a ton of time and money on the headsculpts. Too bad they are oversized, definitely not perfect.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I certainly don't agree regarding FTC heads. Their female heads, unless copies of vintage Mego, are usually misshapen and their decos in general are often sloppy. So, both companies have their pros and cons.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 29, 2007

Great looking figure but she does not look anything like Farrah Fawcett... Perfect for customs though...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm ashamed to admit--though I never paid close attention to Farrah--I always thought her iconic swimsuit was red. Of course, I also think SF Solovar is gray, too.

I'd like to see her hair little more styled; I think the accessories are terrific.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 13, '19, 10:15 AM.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎