Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mego Wave Four Reveal: Farrah is returning to Mego!

I love the card art! I like the figure, too. In fact, I still have that poster. Lol! My only concern is the eyes. No matter what pose she's in, she'll always be looking to the side. It'd be okay if she was to stay in the package, but for those who will open it, it may be an issue.

There's so much right about this... the poster, the towel, the pose, the card art. This is gonna get peoples' attention on the pegs.

I have a feeling that because it's Mego, it's under heavier scrutiny than if some random company released a Farrah Poster Doll in this scale.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

It does have a good Farrah likeness. I love this. Very excited about this reveal. Hope they will do a Charlie's Angels version of her too.

Images
    She looks great, she has a good likeness and love the card......looking forward to this one! Should be a major hit for MEGO!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CKMBDavis View Post
    My only concern is the eyes. No matter what pose she's in, she'll always be looking to the side. It'd be okay if she was to stay in the package, but for those who will open it, it may be an issue.
    I love the eyes

It has a 60's Ideal Posin' Doll vibe
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    I think she looks like a younger Farrah with less makeup than in the poster.

Mixed feeling here. Loose it will look closer to Pamela Anderson. The wrong color bathing suit is a big deal loose, it just throws it all off.

The female figures continue to get the short end of the stick imo, very mediocre heads. Compare her to someone like Norm from cheers, she's not as recognizable. Why is it so hard to get a women's likeness down?

New Mego has been fantastic! The outfits are unreal and you can't beat a true Mego body. Some heads are dead ringers, some have been way off. I think the paint is part of the problem, too many deco hits to go crazy with the makeup?

That's the one area that FTC shine in imo, they spend a ton of time and money on the headsculpts. Too bad they are oversized, definitely not perfect.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I certainly don't agree regarding FTC heads. Their female heads, unless copies of vintage Mego, are usually misshapen and their decos in general are often sloppy. So, both companies have their pros and cons.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Great looking figure but she does not look anything like Farrah Fawcett... Perfect for customs though...

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm ashamed to admit--though I never paid close attention to Farrah--I always thought her iconic swimsuit was red. Of course, I also think SF Solovar is gray, too.

I'd like to see her hair little more styled; I think the accessories are terrific.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 13, '19 at 10:15 AM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.