Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe movie gets new writers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tay666
    Career Member
    • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I'm shocked! Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

They should just make the damn thing a photorealistic CGI animated movie using Earl Norem's art as inspiration.
      It only makes sense, since animated films have proven to be very lucrative franchises.

I'd pay to this on the big screen...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^I agree, that would look great! And animation encourages that suspension of disbelief for MOTU elements that might seem silly in live-action.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          ^I agree, that would look great! And animation encourages that suspension of disbelief for MOTU elements that might seem silly in live-action.
          Yep. I honestly don't get why this film is so difficult. Somebody just make it already!

The fantastic settings, vehicles, etc. just scream fantasy of the best possible kind. Can you imagine an army of Spydors marching across Eternia...lasers firing? Good lord that would be so epic.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

With some Rotons tearing up the terrain as well. That was my absolute favorite evil vehicle.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

That would be wonderful to have the movie based on the original artwork.

Yeah, laser beams everywhere!

Classic vehicles all over the place.

They could slime the actors for some added fun.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I could not agree more with Dwayne. It's. Right. There. Such low hanging fruit, right?

Can't understand why the illustrated medium isn't used more for concept art and even storyboarding for comic and genre films. So much paperback and magazine cover art that could be translated to film... it's unfathomable how similar everything ends up looking.

If I had a zillion dollars, I would try to get a movie that nails the look of Jack Kirby's art (although Thor Ragnarok came close)

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎