Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe movie gets new writers.

Images

Masters of the Universe movie gets new writers.

Long threatened MOTU live action reboot gets new writers. It's good they are abandoning Goyer's script. But there's no way they will make the December 2019 release date. Honestly, I would be shocked if it ever gets made.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...se-1203105707/
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    ^If it makes it out by Dec. 2019, the necessary CGI is going to make Justice League look good.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Sounds like development Hell.

It's not that hard. Just tap into the zeitgeist that the Honda Commercials (stretch Armstrong and $6MDM) and the Wal-Mart famous pop culture cars commercial have... people want to see their old friends, the way the knew them. Not re-imagined past recognition.

Basically, a live-action Filmation adventure with tongue in cheek humor would be gold. There is plenty of "serious" sword and sorcery epics out there already, and no one needs to make another clone and call it Masters of the Universe.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Basically, a live-action Filmation adventure with tongue in cheek humor would be gold.
    I agree. Don't be ashamed of the source material. Embrace the sword and sorcery, sci-fi craziness of it and go all in and make a fun swashbuckling movie.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

If this eventually gets made, I'll bet anything Dwayne Johnson gets the role of Adam/He-Man.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    If this eventually gets made, I'll bet anything Dwayne Johnson gets the role of Adam/He-Man.
    not saying you're wrong, but with this movie having been in development hell for years already, it won't likely see the light of day anytime soon. Johnson getting the role is not likely. he is already in his mid forties so although he has the physique, he is getting a little old to play Adam

Images
    Yeah, Johnson is too old now to play Adam. Adam was 18 years old in the first season.

Hemsworth? Either one I guess... Dwayne can play Skeletor...

Images
    It’s just a bad idea. They’ll never do it justice. So, if it does see the light of day, it will be terrible, I’d think.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    Hemsworth? Either one I guess... Dwayne can play Skeletor...
    I'll do it! LOL

But seriously...Mattel lacks the vision to realize they are literally sitting on a gold mine here. MOTU done right could be just as epic as LOTR and still be colorful and fun. The character designs are so perfect to begin with, just skip the live action worries and make the whole thing CGI animation like an Earl Norem painting come to life. 90% of the characters would need to be CGI anyway. Keep the amazing designs of the characters, vehicles, and locations and just DO IT already!