• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent4125
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 23, 2007

Tintin 90th Anniversary

Any Tintin fans here?
    Today is the 90th anniversary of the Belgian comic book classic !

On January 10th 1929 publication of the first Tintin adventure began in "Le Petit Vingtième",
    a weekly childrens supplement for a Belgian newspaper.

Did you read Tintin comics? When did you first hear about them?
    What are your favorite books?
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I'm a big fan. They were in a staple in the library when I was a kid, which eant they were acceptable comics for me to read.

For me, it doesn't get much better than the two parter Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure. With the introduction of Professor Calculus, ALL the classic elements and iconic characters just fell into place. I don't remember ever laughing as hard reading a comic as a kid than the interaction between Captain Haddock and Calculus. Love that shark-submarine so much.

Although there is something utterly charming about the two part moon adventure as well. That Rocket design is so iconic.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I'm not overly keen that they do new Tintin adventures with new contemporary creative teams. The classics are fine as they are.

BUT I would love them to complete Alph-Art, Herge's final unfinished Tintin Story.

There is an unofficial version out that a Quebecois artist compelted based on the book of notes and sketches that was published.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Agent4125
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 23, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
        BUT I would love them to complete Alph-Art, Herge's final unfinished Tintin Story. ...
        I think it should be left unfinished.
        There simply isn't enough material. Only an early draft of the first 42 pages exist
        and most of them are just scribbles. We don't know how the story had continued.
        And it's possible that Hergé would have changed a lot if he had reworked
        these pages for the final version.

I also think that the abrupt ending on page 42 of the unfinished version is a great cliffhanger
        and an interesting ending for the series:
        The bad guys intend to kill Tintin by turning him into a piece of modern art.
        (I'm sure that Tintin would've escaped of course, probably with the help of Snowy...)

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎