Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14" Aquaman WiP

Images
    Blog Entries

14" Aquaman WiP

(Thread formerly titled "Non dirty, inked-out, skid row 14" Aquaman" - A d-move on my part)

I have a suspicion that if I remove that mask and tweak the hairline there is a suitable Aquaman disguised as GL. So far this one is all fabric and a gold piece of plastic cut to belt shape.

Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Jan 11, '19 at 10:14 PM.

Ssssssomebody STOP him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    "I have a suspicion that if I remove that mask and tweak the hairline there is a suitable Aquaman disguised as GL."
    My plan for Aquaman is just a simple re-paint of the Superman head (blonde hair and black eyebrows). I'm certain that Mego 2.0 Corp will come up with a great Aquaman pretty soon...

Gr8 job Steve and keep them coming!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Well, this is delightful and I nominate the thread title for best of the new year.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Lookin good!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Well, this is delightful and I nominate the thread title for best of the new year.
    i agree nice work on the customs steve

but having tattoos and presumably long hair and a beard makes you dirty and living on skidrow

seems awfully judgemental and presumptuous especially on a board full of older folk mainly guys ,im 61 by the way , who collect and display dolls

Images
    Blog Entries
    Please--it's an humorous comment on the movie depiction of Aquaman versus the classic comics depiction of the character. I'm a huge fan of the character and have made no secret here of which depiction I prefer. Regardless, I still enjoyed the movie a lot.

Yes, I have judged the film, but what have I presumed other than my own preference and and agreement with the original post? If you choose to take this personally and extrapolate that opinion into one that somehow indicates how I would perceive real people, that's on you.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 11, '19 at 7:39 PM.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I think the emoticons are a clue this falls under what we call "good natured ribbing"...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Or, "I'm joking, but..."

isnt this what your "Please--it's an humorous comment " was all about

i was pointing out the irony of guys on a doll forum being judgemental of others for their life choices ,

personally i cant see some words dirty and skidrow as humorous or good natured when used to describe someone ,much like how you cant apply words like fat ,stupid or perverted to a description of someone with good intent

but agree to differ

Images
    Blog Entries
    The title wasn't the best choice of words - thank you for calling me on that. I'd say I didn't mean anything by it, but that's a cop out many a banned member has tossed my direction. I love the course correction of the new movie, but I hate the depiction of Aquaman as some sort of alcoholic anti-hero and the look that was used to establish him in the filmverse. I apologize for the way I expressed that, I've got no business throwing around judgemental comments.

Steve