X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Super Naturals...HOLOGRAM power!

This was an incredibly difficult figure to photograph...but after a half hour of adjusting the lighting I finally got the hologram to show up!

• Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Very cool. I like the style.
    Excellent photography!
    I think that I had something like it with a red hood.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oh i remember those.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Neat figures with two great 80s gimmicks, glow and hologram. I love sword and sorcery stuff so you know I had to collect them.

I posted a pic of my figures ages ago. Your photography is way better than mine.

Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 11, '19, 6:09 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Nice pic.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Neat figures with two great 80s gimmicks, glow and hologram. I love sword and sorcery stuff so you know I had to collect them.

I posted a pic of my figures ages ago. Your photography is way better than mine.

Your pic looks great Werewolf! Believe me, I almost gave up trying to get a decent shot. I must've moved the light around fifty times and couldn't get the hologram to show up.
            I ended up hanging a tap light from the ceiling with duct tape just to the right of my head, about 12 inches from the figure. I really need to pick up the rest of these.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Seeing these tempts me to collect them, you make them look so good!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, nice photographs folks. I remember being tempted by these, but I was too deep into other lines to take on another. Plus, I thought the play value would be a bit limited beyond the initial cool factor. But they sure display nice!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

That is pretty cool. I bet those are insanely difficult to capture with a lens.

Comment

• GOG
                    • Jan 17, 2019

Did we lose hologram technology at some point in the mid 90's? Because holograms were massive at one stage, but now.......nowhere. We need to bring holograms back. Start off with cereal, move up to action figures, then finally cars.

Comment

• acrovader
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2011

These toys were pretty much crap save for the holograms. I'd prefer Visionaries over these any day.
                      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by acrovader
                        These toys were pretty much crap save for the holograms. I'd prefer Visionaries over these any day.
                        They had glow in the dark weapons. That alone makes them better than Visionaries.

Seriously, though, Visionaries did have better articulation but the figures were all very samey looking. Aside from the colors there wasn't enough differences between the figures to make any of them really stand out. They were all wearing very similar pressure suit looking armor that didn't really invoke a magical knights vibe or style, in my opinion.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

I just finally broke down and started getting these a couple weeks ago. Great concept, execution is a little under par in some areas, but still decent figures with a cool gimmick. The Tomb of Doom playset is honestly cool enough to get even if you don't collect the line.supernaturals.jpg

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            I just finally broke down and started getting these a couple weeks ago. Great concept, execution is a little under par in some areas, but still decent figures with a cool gimmick. The Tomb of Doom playset is honestly cool enough to get even if you don't collect the line.[ATTACH=CONFIG]24821[/ATTACH]
                            Awesome! That tomb would look amazing photographed with some spooky lighting!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎