X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Hyper Hero Intel?

Anyone have details on Japanese Hyper Hero figs? True scale? Body quality? Previously discussed link?

I keep running across these in the hunt for some Asian treasures… curious!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

One thread
    Does anyone have any information on these figures? I've been looking for a while for 8" Ultraman Megolike figures with cloth outfits. Some sellers have them at 7 1/2" and some have them closer to 8". Anyone ever had them next to a Mego? These are pricey, but lots of goodness in the accessories and outfits.

I own a couple of these, they're an inch shorter than Mego figures, Medicom also made a RAH series that is an inch taller.

They're fun figures and most of them are available dirt cheap as the Japanese don't seem to care about them. A word to the wise, the leather degrades on some of the suits.

11377099_10206889591148146_623153715291447200_n.jpg

I can't find any photos of my Hyper Heroes but here are my RAH 220 figures.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I've never had any of the Hyper Heroes (need to remedy that!), so I can't comment on how good they are. But as Brian says, the Medicom RAH 220 (which refers to their size in millimeters) are really cool and cheap (I often pick up boxed examples of these in Japan for less than ten bucks a pop). But yeah, some of the suits degrade over the years, and their joints are notoriously breakable (which might explain why Japanese collectors look down on them).

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Great info, much appreciated!

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

I have the complete set of GoRengers and the Ultraman set. Love these but they are delicate. But fun to build.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎