Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool Super Powers discovery!

Images
    I won’t hold my breath, but it would be awesome to see. Can you imagine Amazing Spider-Man and classic Captain America figures, etc in the very same vein as the Super Powers figures? Maybe we’ll witness it.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

I would die of happiness.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

I had a Lex back in the 80's and had no idea that his armor could be removed without breaking it, I never even tried!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    I agree! They’d be a monster hit and they should do them in the same comic “age” as the super powers line.

- Ian
    That would be cool.I Agree with you 100%.I Would also like to see the same thing with the DC Comics characters.
    Last edited by fun guy; Jan 10, '19 at 3:20 PM. Reason: left something out

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fun guy View Post
    That would be cool.I Agree with you 100%.I Would also like to see the same thing with the DC Comics characters.
    Maybe it will happen. Dwayne sure had a great idea.

- Ian

Blog Entries
    It's a pretty great idea and I think it would fly considering the "Super Powers Generation" are parents now but i doubt companies put that kind of effort into toylines anymore.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    ........but i doubt companies put that kind of effort into toylines anymore.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    It's a pretty great idea and I think it would fly considering the "Super Powers Generation" are parents now but i doubt companies put that kind of effort into toylines anymore.
    I don’t know anything about research and development in toy companies, or anywhere else, but the level of creativity and development, that was still present in the 1980s, does not seem to be present, in any quantity, today. I suppose that’s why so many things are hit and miss. Of course, that is far from limited to the toy industry.

- Ian

The line still has a strong following today. In Mattel's DC Classics line, they made sure to make two versions of some characters like the Parademons, one comic accurate and the other the SP version. And they even made 6" versions of Golden Pharaoh and Cyclotron, as well as SP decoed versions of the main figures. It's still an important line in the history of super hero toys.