Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Super Powers discovery!

Cool Super Powers discovery!

I received my Super Powers Lex Luthor yesterday and made a pretty amazing discovery.
    Lex is the only figure with a hidden feature. When I removed his battle suit armor I noticed a small button on his back that didn't appear to do anything, but it DOES!

When Luthor is without his armor, his power action punch is diminished!
    When you replace the armor, the button is depressed, and his power action punch returns to full strength!

Now THAT is pretty freaking cool.

Yep! It truly maximizes the power suit. I remember discovering it as a kid just playing, and it took me a few tries to understand it, but when you get it you're like "Hey, that's awesome!" I don't recall if the cardback really clarified the feature, but it is incredibly cool toy engineering.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    Yeah, that was a cool play feature. It really did depower Lex. Another cool feature was the cables from the Lex-Soar 7 connected to the armor so you could "power" it with Kryptonite. Kenner REALLY built in a lot of play value into that line.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    The first wave of this line is incredibly well engineered and thoughtful.

I remember Wonder Woman was the peg warmer in the line around here and it's not because the figure is boring or bad, it's really great.

Images
    I had the figure and the jet as a kid and was fascinated. It’s still my favorite version of the character.

Images
    I had forgotten about that feature on Lex as I probably haven’t handled one in over 30 years (I still have my Superman). Now that you mention it, I do recall that button under his armor. I had forgotten the specifics, however.

Brian is so right about the first release/wave of figures, vehicles and playsets. They were so well planned out and executed. I loved all of the figure and everything in that line. It’s a masterpiece right down to the carrying case.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    The first wave of this line is incredibly well engineered and thoughtful.

I remember Wonder Woman was the peg warmer in the line around here and it's not because the figure is boring or bad, it's really great.
    So true! The mechanism that makes her arms cross to deflect bullets is brilliant. She’s got a perfect sculpt, stance, and a pleasant face for a figure in this scale.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    I had forgotten about that feature on Lex as I probably haven’t handled one in over 30 years (I still have my Superman). Now that you mention it, I do recall that button under his armor. I had forgotten the specifics, however.

Brian is so right about the first release/wave of figures, vehicles and playsets. They were so well planned out and executed. I loved all of the figure and everything in that line. It’s a masterpiece right down to the carrying case.

- Ian
    Absolutely! I don't know if Hasbro acquired any of the Super Powers designs/patents when they bought Kenner, but with the ridiculous popularity the line STILL has to this day, if they made Super Powers compatible Marvel figures I truly believe collectors would go absolutely nuts.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Absolutely! I don't know if Hasbro acquired any of the Super Powers designs/patents when they bought Kenner, but with the ridiculous popularity the line STILL has to this day, if they made Super Powers compatible Marvel figures I truly believe collectors would go absolutely nuts.
    I agree! They’d be a monster hit and they should do them in the same comic “age” as the super powers line.

- Ian
    Last edited by EmergencyIan; Jan 9, '19 at 3:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    ^This is a great idea. Heck, Hasbro did that tribute to the old Toy Biz 90s cardbacks recently, so why not?

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif