X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Big Jim, Big Playsets

The smell of that vinyl is forever ingrained into my brain as happiness. Also, I did grow up thinking I'd have my own personal "Kung Fu Studio"

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Of all the Big Jim stuff I've ever had (and I've had quite a bit) I've never seen that handle/diaper thing.

Do you push a button and it makes him kick ?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy had the Barbie version of "Sky Commander" for several years before selling it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Next to the Adventure Team stuff Big Jim has some of the coolest playsets and accessories.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I never had the Kung Fu studio but for my birthday I remember getting the Big Jim in that outfit, the Muscle Mover and the accessories (breakaway table, board to break in half, etc.). I'm guessing they must have been sold separately from the studio as well.

Originally posted by Mikey
          Of all the Big Jim stuff I've ever had (and I've had quite a bit) I've never seen that handle/diaper thing.

Do you push a button and it makes him kick ?
          That was the theory behind the "Muscle Mover", although from what I recall it didn't work very well so I rarely used mine.

Comment

• MysteryWho
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 16, 2008

If he kicks a hole in the wall each time he practices, he won't have a studio for long.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MysteryWho
              If he kicks a hole in the wall each time he practices, he won't have a studio for long.
              But he'll also be ready.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Cindy had the Barbie version of "Sky Commander" for several years before selling it.
                I was just thinking that looked really familiar.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

The Kung Fu studio is a repurposed Barbie Cottage apparently.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes; I was trying to find the Barbie version on ebay. The studio is a fantastic play-set.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I bought a beater version on ebay and scanned it in to reproduce it in my Hall Of Justice workout room. I have never seen the airplane but did run across the Barbie version at a yard sale but some girl really wanted it so I let her get it instead.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I have the camper, the studio, the jet, the safari truck, the safari hut (which is repurposed from a Skipper playcase and might be my favorite Big Jim accessory ever), and the Spy Secret HQ (aka Dreamhouse w/ elevator).

I'm customizing the early-issue Barbie Dreamboat so that Big Jim also has a Chris Craft boat for cruising and rescue. I can't say I haven't considered the Dreamhouse A-frame as well, but they are $$$.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                          I bought a beater version on ebay and scanned it in to reproduce it in my Hall Of Justice workout room. I have never seen the airplane but did run across the Barbie version at a yard sale but some girl really wanted it so I let her get it instead.
                          Fairly nice one on ebay right now....

Comment

• greensavage2000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 9, 2013

He can kick a hole in a wall but can he dodge a wrench?
                            Last edited by greensavage2000; Jan 10, '19, 9:23 AM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                              The Kung Fu studio is a repurposed Barbie Cottage apparently.
                              I think it's the Barbie country living home. The roof is the give away.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎