Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Jim, Big Playsets

I bought a beater version on ebay and scanned it in to reproduce it in my Hall Of Justice workout room. I have never seen the airplane but did run across the Barbie version at a yard sale but some girl really wanted it so I let her get it instead.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries
    I have the camper, the studio, the jet, the safari truck, the safari hut (which is repurposed from a Skipper playcase and might be my favorite Big Jim accessory ever), and the Spy Secret HQ (aka Dreamhouse w/ elevator).

I'm customizing the early-issue Barbie Dreamboat so that Big Jim also has a Chris Craft boat for cruising and rescue. I can't say I haven't considered the Dreamhouse A-frame as well, but they are $$$.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    I bought a beater version on ebay and scanned it in to reproduce it in my Hall Of Justice workout room. I have never seen the airplane but did run across the Barbie version at a yard sale but some girl really wanted it so I let her get it instead.
    Fairly nice one on ebay right now....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Big-...frcectupt=true

Images
    He can kick a hole in a wall but can he dodge a wrench?
    Last edited by greensavage2000; Jan 10, '19 at 9:23 AM. Reason: Clarity

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    The Kung Fu studio is a repurposed Barbie Cottage apparently.
    I think it's the Barbie country living home. The roof is the give away.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I've seen it on ebay before, but couldn't recall the name of it. I guessed in by the roof, too lol. The Barbie version opens up differently.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

The Big Jim Airplane was a real disappointment for me. I really thought it would be awesome but I remembered it was impractical for me to play outside with constantly falling down for me when playing. What killed it for me was when I found out Barbie had same plane. I took so much crap for playing with action figures as a child I wasn't giving anyone ammunition to pick on me. Got in trouble for trading it away. On the bright side I loved the Big Jim Firetruck and it saw constant play all through my childhood as well as the Big Jim camper.

Images
    I got a Big Jim figure and the plane one Christmas...it was great. I don't recall what happened to them, but I'm sure the plane had a few crashes (Probably with a couple of my sister's Barbies on board too. LOL).

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Jan 17, '19 at 2:17 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt