Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

got joe today.nice likeness.and the shoulder pads fit alright under his jersey.

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

I went ahead and ordered him yesterday and am having free shipping to store. Unless the card is all banged up when it arrives; I probably will do that from now on since it seems like the figures show up, disappear, show up again, etc.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Joe is the only one I see with the ship to store option.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

That is interesting. All of them say Not Available In Stores, but I have seen them in stores. Is Joe Namath a “Target” exclusive? Also, are production counts staying at 10,000? If he isn’t a Target exclusive and now they are receiving a smaller fraction of the MEGO items; maybe they feel that they can sell it direct and not stock them in stores. I am not sure. It’s possible they are test marketing it. I work for a national retailer We test market these type of activities all of the time. I do know it is much cheaper for us to have someone order a product online and have free shipping to store rather than just ship assortments to stores, pay for distribution and transfer product between stores. It also could be a way for them to compete with AMOK Toys or other retailers getting ready to compete with them. I know it sounds weird that they would care about one small product, but that is exactly the type of stuff we do to stay competitive against pure Internet companies
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

According to mibs YouTube video .joe Namath production run is 8.000 while the other four from Target thus far .are 10.000 units.his joe sticker says 8.000 as he points out

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Yeah, the ones on ebay are showing 8000 on the stickers.

Comment

• Lethalp
                • Aug 6, 2017

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                got joe today.nice likeness.and the shoulder pads fit alright under his jersey.
                Can you post pic of pads under jersey?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

sorry I don't know how to post pics here

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

My Joe arrived with ship to store method. Good news is that it arrived 2 days after order and Target is on my way home. Bad news is that the card had heavy creasing. Target was nice and have a no hassle return so ordered another one ship to store method and will return the other unless someone is ok with the creasing. It is a nice figure and definitely and has a production of 8000. This may be a Target exclusive. I don’t see it on any other website
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Lethalp
                      • Aug 6, 2017

My joe arrived at target I shipped to yesterday. Picked it up today and fortunately my card was without creases.
                      It arrived in a reasonable couple days as well.

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

The 2nd one arrived today and it was perfect. I returned the one with the card creases no problem. Now waiting for Ali, Andre the Giant, and Marilyn Monroe to show up on Target’s website. They are not in two local Target’s that I frequent
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

i got my broadway joes last tuesday ,very nice great figure ,i will most likely by a 3rd to take out and put his gear under his shirt ,also got a couple Farrahs on wed this week ,all fro target .com .havent
                          seen them is stores yet .Farrah looks fantastic ,i like that she has a beach blanket like you see in her famous poster .

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎