Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: 8" Joe Namath

I'm a football fan and I would love more football players, but Ali will be great also. I had the original Ali figure as a kid and I remember it fondly. Up with the sports, ease back on the sitcoms.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    Even if they just tooled the helmet to be very similar to the ones that came with the old NFL Action Team Mates, that would be a huge improvement. In saying that, I’m not really concerned with this specifically, unless, by some miracle, Mego does decide (or is able to) to revive the old NFL Team Mates line.

- Ian
    Fair enough, but the Team Mates helmet wouldn't have fit this head. Using a Big Jim helmet and pads as prototypes might have been useful, I've not compared the fit but they look good.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 6, '19 at 6:37 PM.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    It's nice that they finally did real socks. Way better than the painted on ones.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    It's nice that they finally did real socks. Way better than the painted on ones.
    I agree!
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I like this figure a lot. I hope the Ali is as well done. I’d love to see a Pele, too
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Fair enough, but the Team Mates helmet wouldn't have fit this head. Using a Big Jim helmet and pads as prototypes might have been useful, I've not compared the fit but they look good.
    Oh, overall, I think the 8” Joe looks terrific! But, the helmet does look like the ones I used to get from those vending machines all those years ago. I realize that Mego couldn’t use the same helmet as worn my the Team Mate figures (though I don’t think the size is too far off). I just meant that they could have done a better tooling of their helmet when you compare it to the same type of helmets that come with the Team Mates. They aren’t elaborate, by any stretch of the imagination, but they do fit the figures well and look great on them. That’s all I’m saying that Mego would have been better off shooting for. However, as I said earlier, if this is a one off football figure, which I’d bet is the case, I’m fine with the current helmet. The figure is very good, overall, as far as I can tell.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Never heard of him
    I don't watch football. I don't care about it --but how do you not know him? He was on TV, talked about t school. He even had a Mego action figure!
    If you were born in the 20th century, it would have been hard to not hear of him.

Maybe you are a lot younger AND don't watch football.

Images
    Will we be seeing outfits a la Action Jackson for Joe like the ones on the card he is holding in the interview?

What are these "Sports" of which you speak? And more importantly, why do I want this figure?
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by ObiSeanMEGObi View Post
    Cool! I hope the Sports line also includes Howard Cosell and Ali.
    Howard Cosell with yellow Monday night football announcers jacket.