Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 102

Thread: 8" Joe Namath

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2, 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by megowgsh View Post
    He looks great! I have wanted to do an 8" version of Joe as a Mego Meet exclusive in the past. Prefer a factory-made version.

    Only question I have is "what in blazes is on his shoulders?"
    Shoulder pads...which I wish they would have put to the side wit the football. Throws off the look.

    -Chris

  2. #22
    The helmet is a nod to the original, it looks ridiculous, but it has a reason to.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 31, 2005
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    5,141
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Lister View Post
    The helmet is a nod to the original, it looks ridiculous, but it has a reason to.
    Now that I look at it on his head, again, you’re right. It is pretty oversized. Oh well, it doesn’t look terrible, but I take back what I said earlier about being impressed with the in proportion helmet while having a head sculpt with long hair...nothing magical about after a second look. Lol

    - Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2, 2002
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    5,362
    Images
    19
    Great likeness. Id get him if there was a sports line to go along with him. Sort of like Jimi Hendrix.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 6, 2010
    Posts
    1,501
    very interesting ,i didnt want the "14" one ,but this one is very nice ,i hope this is what they have in mind for ali .

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    Now that I look at it on his head, again, you’re right. It is pretty oversized. Oh well, it doesn’t look terrible, but I take back what I said earlier about being impressed with the in proportion helmet while having a head sculpt with long hair...nothing magical about after a second look. Lol

    - Ian
    The helmet itself is just...too cheap looking. In an era where McFarlane Sportspicks have authentic detail, something that looks like a gumball machine prize, while possessing vintage charm, just comes off as cheap, even if it is a nod to a vintage toy. Mego should be balancing nostalgia and innovation. At least in my opinion. If they want to move forward, they should work on likenesses, and accuracy. Kitschy charm will only get them so far when there's stuff like NECA on the pegs.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 31, 2005
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    5,141
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Lister View Post
    The helmet itself is just...too cheap looking. In an era where McFarlane Sportspicks have authentic detail, something that looks like a gumball machine prize, while possessing vintage charm, just comes off as cheap, even if it is a nod to a vintage toy. Mego should be balancing nostalgia and innovation. At least in my opinion. If they want to move forward, they should work on likenesses, and accuracy. Kitschy charm will only get them so far when there's stuff like NECA on the pegs.
    Even if they just tooled the helmet to be very similar to the ones that came with the old NFL Action Team Mates, that would be a huge improvement. In saying that, I’m not really concerned with this specifically, unless, by some miracle, Mego does decide (or is able to) to revive the old NFL Team Mates line.

    - Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

  8. #28
    Cool! I hope the Sports line also includes Howard Cosell and Ali.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    My Pants
    Posts
    55,179
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ObiSeanMEGObi View Post
    Cool! I hope the Sports line also includes Howard Cosell and Ali.
    Ali was confirmed by Marty months ago. It's happening.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 29, 2005
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    3,967
    Images
    4
    He looks great! Well outfitted/accessorized.

    Love the card/bubble.

    I had thought the upcoming Ali that was leaked would be 14". This leads me to think he'll be 8. (Maybe the size is known and I just missed it.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •