Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm weirdly not feeling these, i am going through something of a purge, so it may just be me.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I'm headed to San Francisco next weekend, and I'm going to go straight to the Super 7 store to grab these!
      Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 7, '19, 7:45 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

These hit a nostalgic nerve for me, I had many the tiny rubber/plastic mecha figure acquired from childhood trips to Hong Kon.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
          I'm weirdly not feeling these, i am going through something of a purge, so it may just be me.
          It's not just you. Maybe it's because the only one I had as a kid was Raydeen, and they didn't make him. Maybe it's because they really are simple sculpts and not die cast. Or it might be that it's that I just spent a ton of money over the holidays and don't feel like spending $80 to get 5 figures.

I like them... but don't love them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The selection puts me off. If these mirrored Mattel's line, it would boost the nostalgia factor for me and I'd buy a set. I did cave and order Great Mazinga.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              The selection puts me off. If these mirrored Mattel's line, it would boost the nostalgia factor for me and I'd buy a set. I did cave and order Great Mazinga.
              I think that might have a bit of resonance for me, the price doesn't bug me, the card art is awesome. I just don't know these characters although some of them are pricey machinders, I'm not that deep into the lore.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

I got two and use to watch the series weekday mornings so did vibe with me. Hoping they release the Getter Dragun series and Raideen. Maybe even a Giant Robot for good luck!

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Love the line and the scale, but I also love diecast and vintage, so I'll stick with these. I wish Mattel would have made a Raideen in this scale back in the day.

Last edited by J.B.; Jan 9, '19, 12:43 AM.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I'm still on the fence. That photo J.B. just posted was more what I was expecting. ^

Any idea why they aren't using the word "Warriors"?

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
                      ^

Any idea why they aren't using the word "Warriors"?
                      I would think that Mattel might still be guarding that copyright. They vehemently protected Matt Mason in the 1990s.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Doesn't Toynami own the Shogun Warriors name now? They've used it for their Jumbo Machinder releases (or did Mattel just license the name to them?)

Anyway, I really like these. I'm a fan of the three Mazinger villains, especially Garada K-7, and they haven't had tons of toy releases like the hero robots have, so they are welcome. Plus a lot cheaper than the impossible to find or buy original Popy Jumbo versions of the characters.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          Doesn't Toynami own the Shogun Warriors name now? They've used it for their Jumbo Machinder releases (or did Mattel just license the name to them?)
                          Oh that's who was using it recently, I don't know the ins and outs of the brand but I'm willing to guess Super 7 can't use it because someone else has it.

Anyway, I really like these. I'm a fan of the three Mazinger villains, especially Garada K-7, and they haven't had tons of toy releases like the hero robots have, so they are welcome. Plus a lot cheaper than the impossible to find or buy original Popy Jumbo versions of the characters.
                          I knew this line would appeal to you because you're in the Machinder world more than I am.

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

I thought a raydeen was made or a prototype made it out

Also i like the fact that we got 3 bad guys seeing how Popy never made them.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

I'm further lured each day looking at the card art and the shiny plastic… tiny Garada K7, mmm!

Are they doing a Series 2?

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

One thing to keep in mind is that with this first series, they only needed to license the characters from one company, Dynamic Productions. If they do some other characters like Raydeen or Combattra, other companies would be involved instead. Still doable of course, but maybe they wanted to keep it simple with the first series and see how well it does.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎