X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Hi Everyone After Many Years

It has been over 5 years since I have been on this website and am glad to be back. Some might remember my user name Adam West and would contribute here and there, but never attended a convention and most only know me by my user name.

Here is a quick update on what has happened since I last posted.

-I went through a horrible divorce in 2015. I had been married for over 20 years and unfortunately my now ex wife had bipolar disorder and refused to get treatment. I finally made the best decision for me which was to divorce. I have 3 kids who were all teenagers when I last posted. They are all adults now 24, 21, and 18. My oldest is a computer programmer with a government contractor....the other two are in college.

-I went through a pretty bad depression phase and stayed away from all forms of social media including the Megs Museum.

-Fortunately I was able to keep my collection of figures as part of the divorce settlement. I did have to sell my yellow sleeved RMR (yikes) and a boxed Green Goblin (I just posted an ask in marketplace for a replacement) to help with legal bills, but have otherwise held on to my nice collection

-After everything was settled; I started collecting again...I added some GI Joes and Palitoy figures to my collection. Mostly convention pieces and anniversary sets, but I love them. I fell in love with the Politoy figures the minute I started collecting. So much more of a variation than the GI Joe Adventure Team and wish I had some of them when I was a kid. I also still collect comics which I don't think I mentioned Amazing Spider-Man and Walking Dead. I have always read and kept my childhood collection of Spider-Man comics since I was a kid and have comics from before I was born. My earliest issue is either #3 or #4 (first appearance of Sandman). I stopped collecting years ago when the story lines became really lame, but started back up recently. I also have every Walking Dead issue excluding all of the variants, but have some of them too. I have a subscription to both at my local comic book shop including variants and shake my head every month when I go to pick up my comics and end up spending close to $50 because Spider-Man has a ton of variants to each issue.

-I met a wonderful woman 2 years ago and we hit it off. She isn't a collector, but definitely is supportive of me collecting. I moved in with her in August 2018 and moved from Maryland to Northern Virginia

- I still work for the same company that I worked for when I last posted on the Museum. I have been there for 13 years.

-That is just about everything. I look forward to connecting with old acquaintances and making new ones who have joined since I left. I won't be able to be super active on here due to working a lot of hours and being in a relatively new relationship, but hope to check in at least once a week and hopefully can contribute to some of the threads.

Thanks for reading my long post if you got this far.

Brian (aka Adam West)
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Welcome back!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Welcome back!

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Welcome back !

Comment

• scoth70
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 17, 2008

welcome back im glad things have changed for the best for you..

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Welcome Back, I always say the longer we live, our life becomes a soap opera.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

welcome back!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Glad you found your way back here. I remember you mentioning some of your troubles back in the day but it definitely sounds like you're in a better place today.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really glad you found your way back Brian and life got better.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Glad you're back and things are going great for you!
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Welcome back!
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I recall your profile name--welcome back!
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Thanks for the update. Welcome back!
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• newlyknighted
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 21, 2010

Congrats on the new chapter of your life. Welcome back!
                            I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Welcome back, I'm glad things are getting better for you and that you were able to keep most of your toys.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎