X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on Ebay this week

A piece of the StarLost- "The Starlost" was this Canadian Science Fiction show that Harlan Ellison created (and violently disowned, go figure), it's all shot on videotape and well, it looks like a Doctor Who where not much happens. They played this show a bajillion times thanks to "CanCon" laws (a certain segment of your broadcast day had to be produced in Canada) so I've seen every episode a bunch.

The most impressive thing about the show is the ship it's based on and this is a piece of it! I'm seriously considering buying this. I just don't know how yet.

Hombre Invisible- In Mexico they did really cool and innovative things with Big Jim dolls like making him Bionic or in this case, invisible. It's a simple little trick but it adds mounds of play value, I love toys like this.

Durham's Soaring Spider-Man Plane- I realize Spider-Man of all people didn't have and couldn't fly a plane but LOOK AT THAT BOX ART! PRETTY!

The Blue Knight Police Patrol Car by Larami- I always get amused when I see the plethora of items Larami made for this (totally forgotten) TV series . It's like they had a meeting and said "Kid's love George Kennedy, let's double up on that!"

A whole mess of Shinsei UFO Commander Vehicles- I was fascinated by weird toys with no back story like this as a kid, I know as an adult they were just repackaged Japanese items (to be frank I suspected it then) and I view it as one of the more interesting things about growing up when i did. As a kid, I swore I'd solve mysteries like this and well, I'm sitting in a room full of toys typing away about them 40 years later....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

That Hombre Invisible is awesome! The Spider-Man Plane is really neat, as well. I feel like I’ve seen it before or something very similar.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Man, I've wanted an Hombre Invisible for years, great figure!

Every time I hear about something like Starlost and have absolutely no idea what it is makes me realize that I watched very little Canadian TV as a kid compared to the rest of you canucks.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

What is it about George Kennedy that always makes me laugh? He’s like a big teddy bear trying to be taken seriously.

Comment

• acrovader
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2011

George Kennedy. Watched him in RiffTrax's Nightmare at Noon.

Star Mites. I bought some of those a few years ago. Pretty cool toys.
          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎