• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allie Fox
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 1, 2009

RIP Bob "Super Dave" Einstein

Bob Einstein passes

This man was a comedy genius. The brother of Albert Brooks and son of early TV and brilliant comedian Harry "Parkyakarkus" Einstein.

He will be missed dearly.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

We watched a lot of Bizarre as a family growing up and Suoer Dave was always my favourite part of every episode.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

RIP. I did not know of his extensive resume. I remember him from Bizarre with John Byner.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Loved him on Letterman growing up. I remember how shocked I was when I found out he was Albert Brooks’ brother. Sad news. RIP, Super Dave.

Comment

• The Nawd
          Nawd your head for yes.
          • Feb 15, 2011

Sad news. Rest in peace, Super.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Very sad to hear. I grew up watching him on Bizarre too.

Originally posted by Goblin19
            Loved him on Letterman growing up.
            He was amazing on Letterman, I swear he never broke character in those interview bits.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I really admired this guy, incredibly funny, while I know he's mostly remembered for "Super Dave" (and I'm glad it made him wealthy) he was a lot more than that. His appearances on "Arrested Development" were gold.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Oh yeah, he was great on Arrested Development and also Curb Your Enthusiasm. Gilbert Gottfried wrote a really nice article about him that's was posted on CNN's site today. I need to check out Bob's appearance on Gilbert's podcast a couple years back, it sounds like it was hilarious.

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                  Oh yeah, he was great on Arrested Development and also Curb Your Enthusiasm. Gilbert Gottfried wrote a really nice article about him that's was posted on CNN's site today. I need to check out Bob's appearance on Gilbert's podcast a couple years back, it sounds like it was hilarious.
                  Loved him as Super Dave and on Curb, but sadly, don't remember him from from Arrested Development.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    He was amazing on Letterman, I swear he never broke character in those interview bits.
                    All Letterman appearances, parts 1 and 2:

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

The comedy sketch show Bizarre was a staple of Canadian television all through my childhood. I probably shouldn't have been watching it at such a young age, but I always remember busting a gut every single time I sat down and watched it. It was a product of the times, and thoroughly politically incorrect and offensive through the lens of 2018, but I watched a bunch of episodes after hearing about his death and they are still damn funny. Einstein's deadpan was the best thing on the show. He was an innovator and way ahead of his time in terms of the way he constantly defied and subverted audience expectations and the way he was always breaking the fourth wall. His seemingly dumb as Bricks slapstick/vaudeville Comedy is actually some of the smartest exercises in sleight of hand viewer manipulation and comic timing.

He's also the best part of Curb your Enthusiasm.

Officer Judy. Super Dave. Funkhauser. You'll be dearly missed.

(trivia... he's Albert Brooks' brother. Albert Brooks' real name is Albert Einstien).
                        Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 7, '19, 8:44 PM.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• knight errant00
                          8 Inch Action Figure
                          • Nov 15, 2005

"Balloon ball!"

Thanks for all the laughs and memories. Mr. Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎