X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

CustoMego Creations 3: Men From Atlantis

CustoMego Creations is web series that serves a platform for our community of talented Mego makers and will hopefully inspire that creative energy in others. what we plan to have is guest hosts each week sharing their skills and ideas. We're starting with a small group but plan to expand after that and hopefully, get this to be a weekly series.

This Week's episode we make a Mark Harris from the TV series "The Man from Atlantis" and thanks to my pal Rob, we do two different ways of going about it. One is basic, the other requires a little more work but both produce interesting results.

Brian's Recipe: (Skill Level: Intermediate)
    web hands

Jack Shepherd from LOST (Bif Bang Pow)
    Yellow Leotard
    Epoxie Sculpt

Rob's Recipe (Skill Level Basic)

web hands

Yellow Shorts

Blue Jacket

Blue Sneakers

El Dorado Head

Please Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

Follow us on Twitter
    @megomuseum.com

Music:
    Danzon De Pasion (Sting) by Jimmy Fontanez & Media Right Productions is part of the YouTube Audio Library
    Danzon De Pasion (Sting) by Jimmy Fontanez & Media Right Productions is part of the YouTube Audio Library (https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music).────Do...

More...
  • Legend of Link
    Career Member
    • Jun 12, 2010

I really enjoy watching these every time they get posted. Thank you for your creativity and dedication.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Legend of Link
      I really enjoy watching these every time they get posted. Thank you for your creativity and dedication.
      Aw, thanks man, means a lot.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting recipes for a favorite character of mine. Gives me more ideas, thanks!

And shall Boss Hogg with a beard become Mr. Schubert? I think he should.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne

And shall Boss Hogg with a beard become Mr. Schubert? I think he should.
          I was going to mod an FTC King Tut.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
            I was going to mod an FTC King Tut.
            yeah that seems like a no brainer.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I thought about that but haven't opened my Tut--doesn't he have more hair than '70s Buono? I thought Hogg might be the easier route.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I thought about that but haven't opened my Tut--doesn't he have more hair than '70s Buono? I thought Hogg might be the easier route.
                shame on you set the King free to rule over modern day Thebes and make your Mego Batman kneel before him.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Abu Rabu Simbu Tu!

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Wow. I just came across this new series. I really like this Brian. It's nice to have a video series on customs. This has endless possibilities. I need to scroll back and find the first two. Exactly what this hobby needs. Great work!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Really cool and well done. Fun stuff!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Really impressed by the sculpting you did on the hair there. I'll be honest, I didn't see the resemblance to Patrick Duffy in the LOST figure at first, but by the time you painted him and sculpted that hair, you nailed it! Great job, and fun video!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          Really impressed by the sculpting you did on the hair there. I'll be honest, I didn't see the resemblance to Patrick Duffy in the LOST figure at first, but by the time you painted him and sculpted that hair, you nailed it! Great job, and fun video!

Chris
                          Thanks, I spent like a half hour holding that head up to different pictures of Duffy, they had very similiar facial structures but it didn't work until my third pass at the hair.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

I really dig this...I'd be interested in making a video or two. I've probably only made a couple "recipe figures" that someone could order parts and assemble...but I could show how I do Michael Myers for example and illustrate dry brushing/weathering techniques I did.

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                              Well said. My sentiments exactly. Really great job, Brian. Your videos help make this community meaningful.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎