Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jade88
    • Aug 10, 2018

FTC Andre the Giant?

Can somebody who owns one of the two versions FTC did of him, chime in on the build quality please! I'm assuming he is on a body made in India?
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I regret not getting those back in the day.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Jade88
      • Aug 10, 2018

Bump. I still need some feedback.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I have one, would have to dig it out. It's not on a Mego body if that's what you're asking. It's a totally different body.

Not sure where it was made.

Comment

• Jade88
          • Aug 10, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          I have one, would have to dig it out. It's not on a Mego body if that's what you're asking. It's a totally different body.

Not sure where it was made.
          I just need to know if it's a decent quality. So any feedback would be great!

Comment

• Z-man 307
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 15, 2010

We have both versions and they have held up well. It's a definite buy assuming you can get at a reasonable price.

Comment

• Jade88
              • Aug 10, 2018

Originally posted by Z-man 307
              We have both versions and they have held up well. It's a definite buy assuming you can get at a reasonable price.
              So he's not brittle? Early FTC Megos are a bit notorious. Do his boots come off?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

No he is not brittle. Good quality. The joints tend to get a little loose on the arms. But he's more Jakks wrestling figure than Mego. The only Mego-like area is the hands, which are basically standard Mego. The boots do not come off, they are part of the leg sculpt. It's a great body sculpt and a nice head sculpt. 10 billion times better than Mego's actual attempt.

Comment

• Jade88
                  • Aug 10, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  No he is not brittle. Good quality. The joints tend to get a little loose on the arms. But he's more Jakks wrestling figure than Mego. The only Mego-like area is the hands, which are basically standard Mego. The boots do not come off, they are part of the leg sculpt. It's a great body sculpt and a nice head sculpt. 10 billion times better than Mego's actual attempt.
                  Interesting. I thought he had a stringed Mego body. Sounds like he's more like a Jakks R3 Tech Big Show figure lol.

So you don't like his body could be used as a base for a Mego conversion? The Target Legends head wouldn't work on his body?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

He’s closer to an R3 than a Mego. The head is not Mego compatible. There is no internal string either. Only real Mego part is the hands.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎