Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: FTC Andre the Giant?

  1. #1

    FTC Andre the Giant?

    Can somebody who owns one of the two versions FTC did of him, chime in on the build quality please! I'm assuming he is on a body made in India?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    6,292
    Images
    12
    I regret not getting those back in the day.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

  3. #3
    Bump. I still need some feedback.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 15, 2009
    Posts
    2,348
    I have one, would have to dig it out. It's not on a Mego body if that's what you're asking. It's a totally different body.

    Not sure where it was made.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    I have one, would have to dig it out. It's not on a Mego body if that's what you're asking. It's a totally different body.

    Not sure where it was made.
    I just need to know if it's a decent quality. So any feedback would be great!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 15, 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    85
    Images
    9
    We have both versions and they have held up well. It's a definite buy assuming you can get at a reasonable price.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-man 307 View Post
    We have both versions and they have held up well. It's a definite buy assuming you can get at a reasonable price.
    So he's not brittle? Early FTC Megos are a bit notorious. Do his boots come off?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 15, 2009
    Posts
    2,348
    No he is not brittle. Good quality. The joints tend to get a little loose on the arms. But he's more Jakks wrestling figure than Mego. The only Mego-like area is the hands, which are basically standard Mego. The boots do not come off, they are part of the leg sculpt. It's a great body sculpt and a nice head sculpt. 10 billion times better than Mego's actual attempt.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    No he is not brittle. Good quality. The joints tend to get a little loose on the arms. But he's more Jakks wrestling figure than Mego. The only Mego-like area is the hands, which are basically standard Mego. The boots do not come off, they are part of the leg sculpt. It's a great body sculpt and a nice head sculpt. 10 billion times better than Mego's actual attempt.
    Interesting. I thought he had a stringed Mego body. Sounds like he's more like a Jakks R3 Tech Big Show figure lol.

    So you don't like his body could be used as a base for a Mego conversion? The Target Legends head wouldn't work on his body?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 15, 2009
    Posts
    2,348
    He’s closer to an R3 than a Mego. The head is not Mego compatible. There is no internal string either. Only real Mego part is the hands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •