Thread: FTC Andre the Giant?

FTC Andre the Giant?

Can somebody who owns one of the two versions FTC did of him, chime in on the build quality please! I'm assuming he is on a body made in India?

Images
    I regret not getting those back in the day.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Bump. I still need some feedback.

I have one, would have to dig it out. It's not on a Mego body if that's what you're asking. It's a totally different body.

Not sure where it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    I have one, would have to dig it out. It's not on a Mego body if that's what you're asking. It's a totally different body.

Not sure where it was made.
    I just need to know if it's a decent quality. So any feedback would be great!

Images
    We have both versions and they have held up well. It's a definite buy assuming you can get at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man 307 View Post
    We have both versions and they have held up well. It's a definite buy assuming you can get at a reasonable price.
    So he's not brittle? Early FTC Megos are a bit notorious. Do his boots come off?

No he is not brittle. Good quality. The joints tend to get a little loose on the arms. But he's more Jakks wrestling figure than Mego. The only Mego-like area is the hands, which are basically standard Mego. The boots do not come off, they are part of the leg sculpt. It's a great body sculpt and a nice head sculpt. 10 billion times better than Mego's actual attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    No he is not brittle. Good quality. The joints tend to get a little loose on the arms. But he's more Jakks wrestling figure than Mego. The only Mego-like area is the hands, which are basically standard Mego. The boots do not come off, they are part of the leg sculpt. It's a great body sculpt and a nice head sculpt. 10 billion times better than Mego's actual attempt.
    Interesting. I thought he had a stringed Mego body. Sounds like he's more like a Jakks R3 Tech Big Show figure lol.

So you don't like his body could be used as a base for a Mego conversion? The Target Legends head wouldn't work on his body?

He’s closer to an R3 than a Mego. The head is not Mego compatible. There is no internal string either. Only real Mego part is the hands.