Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They've got a BONE to pick with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Yeah, all the variations add to the fun of collecting them. My Baron Dark is the red bracers with purple trim on the shoulder pads one. The skull around his waist is also totally painted. Really cool looking high quality figures that never took off. On the upside they are really affordable and pretty easy to hunt down considering they are around 25 years old now.
    Considering Playmates is still going strong, I keep hoping they'll revisit the line someday. Would really like to get my hands on series two and that dragon!

I've also wondered why they did three different runs of series one...that seems kind of odd for a line that supposedly didn't take off. Obviously they sold all the numbered figures then went back and released them two more times after that. Sounds like a success to me.
    Last edited by enyawd72; Jan 2, '19 at 6:27 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I've also wondered why they did three different runs of series one...that seems kind of odd for a line that supposedly didn't take off.
    I believe the un-numbered ones went to Big Lots. The Kaybee exclusive Replay versions came out around 2002 with other reissued Playmates lines like Earthworm Jim.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Just another Bone-headed idea.

CCC.

I just sold off a bunch of carded figures from this line last year. We were moving and I was getting rid of stuff I didn't want to move.
    I remember grabbing them cheap at Kmart back in the day. Never knew about the TV series. I always thought they were a riff on the bad guys from Army of Darkness which came out shortly before.