X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

********Customego Hall of Fame on Facebook*******

This is the new Facebook home to the Customego Hall of Fame founded in 2018 by Mego customizer Austin Hough aka MEGOWGSH on the Mego Museum forums.

Please join us in celebrating the works of inductees Charlee Flatt, Scott Metzger, Dr. Mego, Matt Jaycox, Mike Haspiel, David Lee, Martin Cage, Dave McCormick, Paul Evans, Derek Combs and future inductees as well.

Stop by to discuss and pay tribute to current inductees and to those you feel are deserving of enshrinement; view photos and videos of inductees; and post any pictures you may have of the customs or customizers who are enshrined in the Customego Hall of Fame we'd love to share them on our Facebook page.

Since its inception in 1997 megomuseum.com has featured thousands of Customegos created by hundreds of Mego customizers. Armed with leftover parts, acrylic paints, Sculpey, and the mission to “fill in the gaps” in the lines Mego made legendary, customizers have played a vital role in the hobby reaching its enormous popularity and are the inspiration for the Re-Mego Renaissance we are experiencing today!

The goal of the Mego Museum Customego Hall of Fame is to honor customizers, contributors, and customs that have made an undeniable impact on the Mego customizing hobby.

Inductees are chosen by the Customego Hall of Fame panel on an annual basis and announced at the beginning of each year with a ceremony and dinner at that year's Mego Meet and inclusion in the online megomuseum.com Customego Hall of Fame.

We look forward to you joining us!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I do not have a Facebook account for philosophical reasons, and so I cannot access the page... but I sincerely appreciate all the hard work you have put into launching this Customego Hall of Fame. I think it a well deserved tribute to all the honorees.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
      I do not have a Facebook account for philosophical reasons, and so I cannot access the page... but I sincerely appreciate all the hard work you have put into launching this Customego Hall of Fame. I think it a well deserved tribute to all the honorees.
      Same here no FB, good job on this to Austin and co.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Perhaps it could be a public FB page as the other MM outlets are, for those of us who don't FB-it?

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

^^^Or the Mego Museum can create a section here for it if it is not too much trouble. I am more than happy to populate it with photos and videos and moderate it.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ That's an even better solution!… these folks should be part of the brick and mortar operation.

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
              That is not the Hall of Fame FB page in his signature. That is Austin's customs.

If I win the lotto, I will build a toy museum and house the Customs Hall of Fame.
              (Note: I don't play the lotto, so my odds of winning are greatly reduced)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎