X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

In Memoriam At Meet '19

MegoCanada. HawkMike. Lou. Who am I forgetting?

Just a thought, but it would be nice to have a Remembrance area at Meet '19. Maybe we can get some of their custom work to put on display. For Lou, maybe some Jaws stuff.
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Justin Zaharczuk and Gabriel (from Chicago)

Great idea.

I was planning on paying tribute to all of these fine customizers at the Customego Hall of Fame dinner.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

This is a great idea. The sad reality that we're an aging community and the list is going to grow each and every year. Customizers put so much of themselves into there work, I like the idea that the customs produced have a life beyond us, as a way of keeping memories of folks alive.

Would also perhaps be a good idea to think of ways we can also honor those in our Mego Musuem community who have passed on who might not have been customizers in some capacity during the Mego Meet weekend as well.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Sam just hit it right on the Head, Although we are young at heart we are not kids anymore... Definitely the roughest year for the Mego Family I can remember. Forever Young!!!

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by megowgsh
          Justin Zaharczuk and Gabriel (from Chicago)

Great idea.

I was planning on paying tribute to all of these fine customizers at the Customego Hall of Fame dinner.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
          A very good idea.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Just thought I'd let folks know, I chatted with Derek/MegoCanada's sister at a toy show up here this past weekend, and she is very touched that he will be included in the tribute.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

I like this

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

On June 13th at the Customego Hall of Fame dinner we will pay tribute to our friends passed: Derek Hofsten, Gabriel Santana, Justin Zaharczuk, Lou Pisano, John Bruzas, and Mike Barrett.

If you wish to help us pay tribute to these amazing people, please post here or email any photos, stories, or memories of them to customegohalloffame@gmail.com and we will include them in our celebration of their lives.

The Customego Hall of Fame class of 2019 induction ceremony and dinner is planned for all honorees on June 13th (just two days prior to the 2019 Mego Meet) in Columbus, Ohio at the Courtyard by Marriott.

Tickets for the event can be purchased for $30 each by going to paypal.me/CustomegoHallOfFame and using the gift option. Dinner will include a three course meal with your choice of: pasta primavera or chicken Tuscany. In addition, EVERY paid attendee gets a “customizer goodie bag” courtesy of Classic TV Toys and Figures Toy Company. Not to mention, the wonderful prizes waiting to be won at the inaugural Customego Hall of Fame RAFFLE!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin

Comment

• megowgsh
                  Customego HoF Curator
                  • Nov 19, 2003

The gracious and generous Bud Barrett, in honor of his brother, 2019 Customego Hall of Fame inductee Mike Barrett, is offering all of Mike's customizing pieces and parts at Mego Meet June 15th in exchange for donations to the CMHoF. I will be bringing everything you see in these two videos plus more and all Bud asks of you is to donate what you can. $1 per head, $2 per body, whatever you feel is fair. The table will be a customizers dreamland and all proceeds will go to help fund the Customego Hall of Fame ceremony and dinner in 2020!

And, one more thing: EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!!! ��

The Customego Hall of Fame class of 2019 induction ceremony and dinner is planned for all honorees on June 13th (just two days prior to the 2019 Mego Meet) in Columbus, Ohio at the Courtyard by Marriott.

Tickets for the event can be purchased for $30 each by going to paypal.me/CustomegoHallOfFame and using the gift option. Dinner will include a three course meal with your choice of: pasta primavera or chicken Tuscany. In addition, EVERY paid attendee gets a “customizer goodie bag” courtesy of Classic TV Toys and Figures Toy Company. Not to mention, the wonderful prizes waiting to be won at the inaugural Customego Hall of Fame RAFFLE!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! ��

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

This is a nice idea, Mike was very talented. It was a bit eerie looking at all those items; it made me consider my own state of affairs.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

^I keep mulling over the same things.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by megowgsh
                          The gracious and generous Bud Barrett, in honor of his brother, 2019 Customego Hall of Fame inductee Mike Barrett, is offering all of Mike's customizing pieces and parts at Mego Meet June 15th in exchange for donations to the CMHoF. I will be bringing everything you see in these two videos plus more and all Bud asks of you is to donate what you can. $1 per head, $2 per body, whatever you feel is fair. The table will be a customizers dreamland and all proceeds will go to help fund the Customego Hall of Fame ceremony and dinner in 2020!

And, one more thing: EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!!! ��

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! ��

That is a great tribute.

It is a way for his passion to go back into his passion for posterity.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎