X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

My first good laugh of the year….
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I will never understand the attraction to that. We've seen these figures processed in piles at these factories. From there I assume they start getting packaged. But how can you possibly know when the labels get added? Is number "1" the first or last figure to get a sticker? It just seems virtually impossible to assess the validity of that count.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
        I will never understand the attraction to that. We've seen these figures processed in piles at these factories. From there I assume they start getting packaged. But how can you possibly know when the labels get added? Is number "1" the first or last figure to get a sticker? It just seems virtually impossible to assess the validity of that count.
        you are correct it does not mean the first one produced. it means 10,000 were made and the put sequential stickers on them. the stickers are sequential. it has no bering on the order produced. and even if it did, it isn't a 1964 1/2 Mustang. It is an identical Spock probably packaged the same day as ALL of the spocks.

Also, with the mere possibility the 4 of the number 41 could simply be rubbed off, further defeats the significance.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

As far as I'm concerned they are all the same, unless they decide to imprint the number on the back of the neck
          for example say 1/10000 then I guess you would know that, that particular figure was indeed the first of the
          character made.

I can't even understand why new Mego decided to number them to begin with?
          it was never done back in the day, the necks back then said Mego Corp and the year, others certain ones
          said Paramount or Ape Jac.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I'm sure Target wanted the collector numbers put on them.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
              • Oct 15, 2018

I am not sure this #1 is for real, unless the seller works for MEGO or Target corporate. In my experience, any time a limited run is done on a toy, the first 10 are usually held from retail, for employee gifts, charity auctions, etc. I doubt any of the super low numbers went to retail (of course I could be wrong). I think finding certain pertinent numbers on figures are fun to hunt for. Whenever I see Trek restocks I always look for #1701 and on figures from 70s and 80s shows I look for the number of the shows' premiere year (like 1982 on the Cheers figures). So far I havent found anything worthwhile. But yeah in the end its just a sticker (plus I opened all of my figures, unless it was a duplicate for displaying a carded example on my shelf).

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Low numbers are at retail. I know someone who found a #1. I found #9 of the same figure.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                  • Oct 15, 2018

Okay I stand corrected

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍