• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Trek Bridge

I wanted to upgrade the bridge for the new Trek figures coming out

here is where I am at so far. Captains chair is from some other Trek line, I don't remember which but it has sound effects and voice recordings. it's a little small but works well enough for the scale Console was LaserMego and I modified it

Still waiting on an order from Doc Mego to give Leslie a red shirt

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

nice. And love the curtains for the Enterprise j/k looks great, be nice if Mego could do play sets some how.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Looks great--the scale seems good to me,
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        nice. And love the curtains for the Enterprise j/k looks great, be nice if Mego could do play sets some how.
        that's where the Wizard of Oz hides as he pulls all the strings, LOL

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I really dig this. Well done
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Pull the string!! Dance to that which one is created for!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Man,oh man,oh man: I'm in love with that! Great work!

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I really like this, but where's Sulu? great job and thanks for sharing.

I really need to create some Trek sets like a Bridge, Sick Bay, Engineering, Transporter Room, Brig, etc etc.

Something based like on the Wayne Foundation design, one piece with different levels, maybe a middle split level,
                oh well something to think about in 2019.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                  I really like this, but where's Sulu? great job and thanks for sharing.

I really need to create some Trek sets like a Bridge, Sick Bay, Engineering, Transporter Room, Brig, etc etc.

Something based like on the Wayne Foundation design, one piece with different levels, maybe a middle split level,
                  oh well something to think about in 2019.
                  sounds like the Dida display from years back. that was really nice. you can still get the artwork for a backdrop at least. I have to do that still. LaserMego has a cool bio bed for sickbay

oh, and Sulu is at the helm of the Mego bridge set

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I would have loved these upgrades as a kid almost as much as I do now. The tweaks to the console really make it pop.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Excellent work! That really captures the look perfectly. Great job!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

made a few more mods to the console, adding the back panel and the alert indicated to give it a 3 dimensional look

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

because I am lazy, and can't be bother to go to the store to look for things, I just use things around the house and/or my workshop. the back panel on the console is just 2 wood shims cut and glued together and painted. the alert is just a piece of base trim I cut to size and painted. the red trim pieces are actually dollhouse door and window casing turned backwards and glued on. my daughter outgrew her dollhouse so I raided the parts box for all the upgrades I was supposed to do to the dollhouse and never quite got too

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

and I bet no one sees Khan and half black half white guy sidling up behind them. Sneaky dudes.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

well in fairness, they were both guests on the bridge before their true natures were revealed

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎