Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: George Reeves' Adventures of Superman for Beginners

Images
    I still remember growing up in the 70's and believing George Reeves died jumping off a building thinking he could really fly.

That rumor was as huge as Cass Elliot choking to death on a ham sandwich
    The mother of my two best friends swore that was how Reeves died, but I knew better, and actually argued with her about it. She got so mad she was ready to ban me from their house! She believed it totally.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^ I laughed when you told that story in the podcast! Sounded like you were an inch away from never being allowed in that house again!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    ^I forgot I brought it up there! Yes, she was TICKED!!! She had a short temper, but man, I set it off.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^ Oh man, it sounded like it! You really painted a picture of that scene for me. Yikes! lol Personally, I probably would have avoided that home for a few months after that incident.

- Ian

Images
    I'm planning on doing a watch through of this series myself. I will take my time and not watch more than an episode or 2 a day.

I watched this show when I was really young I remember an episode where the criminals had kryptonite and Clark Kent was in the room and had to no sell that it was affecting him.

There is a good podcast special on this series. You can really tell Bob Fisher's love for this show.
    http://twotruefreaks.com/shows.php?show=53

Images
    I'm like 8 episodes in it's nice to turn off my phone and enjoy how 50's television was.

The standouts for me have been
    "Through the Time Barrier"
    "Great Caesar's Ghost"
    "Test of a Warrior"

^ That's awesome. Exactly what I plan to do. I just devoured the Adventures of Captain Marvel 1941 serial, which was itself very entertaining.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

I haven't seen an episode of "Superman" since probably the 80s when the local independent TV station aired it... (They no longer exist, they've been a Fox affiliate for years now...)

H&I was running GR Superman on Saturday mornings along with Batman 66 and Green Hornet. Very saddened to see that lineup stop.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    H&I was running GR Superman on Saturday mornings along with Batman 66 and Green Hornet. Very saddened to see that lineup stop.
    Followed by Tarzan with Ron Ely. That was a fun Saturday morning line-up. It just went “poof.”

- Ian