Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mattel loses DC Action Figure license to Spin Master

I have bought 22 of the new 8 inch Mego figures. I have not bought any of the 14 inch DC figures because I don't care for the scale. If those figures were 8 inch I would by most of them.

I don't really care for the Mattel DC stuff, but I'm hoping Imaginext stays put! I love collecting those little guys!

Images
    I think it was a missed opportunity they didn't do an Injustice vs Masters of the Universe line.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    I think it was a missed opportunity they didn't do an Injustice vs Masters of the Universe line.

No the real injustice is the lack of MOTU imaginext

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    No the real injustice is the lack of MOTU imaginext
    Truth.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Canary View Post
    I don't really care for the Mattel DC stuff, but I'm hoping Imaginext stays put! I love collecting those little guys!
    Imaginext would be gone too wouldn't it? Its part of Mattel so it should be in the same boat. I would guess all these sub licenses like FTC, Mego, Mezco etc would have to renegotiate with Spin Master.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    IDK, Fisher-Price/Imaginext may be another license?

EDIT: A google seach yielded: Mattel will retain preschool and "girls'"-toy rights. And supposedly Hasbro has made attempts to buy out Mattel, as it is struggling amidst lay-offs.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 9, '19 at 2:14 PM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Imaginext would be gone too wouldn't it? Its part of Mattel so it should be in the same boat. I would guess all these sub licenses like FTC, Mego, Mezco etc would have to renegotiate with Spin Master.
    It's a different category, i.e. Toddler Toys, and Mattel retained the toddler toy license, it didn't go to Spin Masters.

-M