Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klaatu barada nikto

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I love the original. I think The Thing from Another World and the original TDTESS are seminal science-fiction films, from polar perspectives. I personally do not recommend the remake.
    These are my two favorite science fiction movies!! The remake was alright, I didn't care for Jaden Smith at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    Update 3 reasons not to watch

1. Jaden Smith 2. Keanu Reeves 3. a remake I never heard of
    Considering it took you 67 years (well, less, depending on your age) to watch the original, I believe you...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I honestly caught the reference in ROTJ at twelve years old.

Do not bother with the Reeves version.
    My mom caught the reference before I did.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    I did not see the movie until I was in high school, but once I saw it I knew exactly where Lucas got the names from. it was just a nod to a classic SciFi film

The Day the Earth Stood Still, is a great classic movie, with the best musical tones, besides Aunt Bea was in it,
    so that alone is worth seeing, especially the part where she thought Gort needed to be dusted and polished.

I'm also a fan of the classic War of the World's (Gene Barry) I did though enjoy the remake with Tom Cruise.

Day the Earth Stood Still is a classic and yes, it does HOLD up to anything Modern of today!

As for the Keanu remake, it was okay, if they had called it something else, I could get behind it, but not DTESS! John Cleese as the Professor was brilliant and perhaps the ONLY reason to watch the film!!