Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite vintage Batman toy?

Images
    Blog Entries
    I"ll never understand how I missed out on a Batman utility belt. I had the Ben Cooper playsuit and used it so much that I had a few replacement masks and a new Grandma-made cape.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    ^ Those utility belt sets were all kinds of awesome. I was lucky enough to have the Batman set.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Blog Entries
    8" Mego Batman was my first Batman toy, the non removable cowl type. It has to be #1 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I"ll never understand how I missed out on a Batman utility belt. I had the Ben Cooper playsuit and used it so much that I had a few replacement masks and a new Grandma-made cape.
    What an amazing conversation & post idea!
    I'm pretty sure I picked that Remco Batman belt out of a Sears Wishbook: I had forgotten about owning that!
    I had equally forgot how my parents made me a Batman cape even better than the commercially produced one. My Dad even traced the stylized Batman shaped letters out of orange felt, and glued them to the centre of the cape. Man, that thing was so overly played with, & it *never* fell apart. I haven't thought about that in years: My Mego figures in hand, with cape and belt. Although I always loved that RC Batman, those costume accessories were close seconds.
    Last edited by comicmike; Dec 30, '18 at 5:43 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing that, I love hearing about those memories.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Kind of a tie between Mego Type 2 Batman and Super Powers.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    8" Mego Batman was my first Batman toy, the non removable cowl type. It has to be #1 to me.
    I have the same sentiment. But not just any T2 batman. THE Batman I got for my birthday. I still have him. l He is in bad shape, and I will not repair him.

Images
    Wow.

I'd have to say the Corgi Batmobile as I had to get it replaced with a second one.

Images
    I gotta get the ahi parachutist. I appreciate the corgi, but I'm not sure I'm willing to go all in for a mint condition one.

No one mentioned the Toy biz movie figure or red bootleg yet?

Not everyone's favorite, but I love the Catwoman figure.

One of the earliest Batman toys I remember having was a Batmobile with tiny molded Batman and Robin figures inside it (I think it was the Simms Batmobile someone posted above). A friend of mine had one too, and an awful (but funny story) about it was that he broke his figures out of the Batmobile and somehow lodged the Robin figure in his nostril and had to be taken to the hospital to have it removed. There were Batcave jokes about his nose that lasted all through childhood.

The other very early Batman-related toy that I got circa kindergarten was the Viewmaster Good Guys giftpak...

that had reels from the Adam West series that I clicked through all the time-I was a big View Master kid and Viewmaster reels were my introduction to super-heroes, I got that giftpak and several Marvel reels for Christmas my kindergarten year and I was hooked on Super-Heroes after that.

A year or so later I got my first Megos, Batmanand Robin included, but they came after that Simms Batmobile and the Viewmaster reels.

-M