Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite vintage Batman toy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

As much as I loved my Mego Batman, Robin, Batmobile and Batcave, when I came home from school to find the Super Powers Batman, Robin and Batmobile on my bed as a gift from my Mom, for no real reason, well, it was one of those transcendent childhood moments. The figures are perfect representations of the Bronze Age versions of the characters, and the Batmobile is one of the most fun, and best constructed vehicles ever made. It's gorgeous too!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i have to go with Mego batman, must have gone through half a dozen of them as a kid,

honorable mention to the SP Batmobile, that thing was all kinds of awesome and looked fantastic

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

I'd have to go with the 2 things that got the most playtime from me. The Ideal Batman utility belt and the Ahi Batman parachuter

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          As much as I loved my Mego Batman, Robin, Batmobile and Batcave, when I came home from school to find the Super Powers Batman, Robin and Batmobile on my bed as a gift from my Mom, for no real reason, well, it was one of those transcendent childhood moments...
          Chris
          That's a beautiful story. Really.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Marvelmania
            I'd have to go with the 2 things that got the most playtime from me. The Ideal Batman utility belt and the Ahi Batman parachuter
            Good choice! Always wanted one!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I"ll never understand how I missed out on a Batman utility belt. I had the Ben Cooper playsuit and used it so much that I had a few replacement masks and a new Grandma-made cape.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

^ Those utility belt sets were all kinds of awesome. I was lucky enough to have the Batman set.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

8" Mego Batman was my first Batman toy, the non removable cowl type. It has to be #1 to me.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I"ll never understand how I missed out on a Batman utility belt. I had the Ben Cooper playsuit and used it so much that I had a few replacement masks and a new Grandma-made cape.
                    What an amazing conversation & post idea!
                    I'm pretty sure I picked that Remco Batman belt out of a Sears Wishbook: I had forgotten about owning that!
                    I had equally forgot how my parents made me a Batman cape even better than the commercially produced one. My Dad even traced the stylized Batman shaped letters out of orange felt, and glued them to the centre of the cape. Man, that thing was so overly played with, & it *never* fell apart. I haven't thought about that in years: My Mego figures in hand, with cape and belt. Although I always loved that RC Batman, those costume accessories were close seconds.
                    Last edited by comicmike; Dec 30, '18, 5:43 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for sharing that, I love hearing about those memories.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Kind of a tie between Mego Type 2 Batman and Super Powers.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          8" Mego Batman was my first Batman toy, the non removable cowl type. It has to be #1 to me.
                          I have the same sentiment. But not just any T2 batman. THE Batman I got for my birthday. I still have him. l He is in bad shape, and I will not repair him.

Comment

• The Nawd
                            Nawd your head for yes.
                            • Feb 15, 2011

Wow.

I'd have to say the Corgi Batmobile as I had to get it replaced with a second one.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

I gotta get the ahi parachutist. I appreciate the corgi, but I'm not sure I'm willing to go all in for a mint condition one.

No one mentioned the Toy biz movie figure or red bootleg yet?

Not everyone's favorite, but I love the Catwoman figure.

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

One of the earliest Batman toys I remember having was a Batmobile with tiny molded Batman and Robin figures inside it (I think it was the Simms Batmobile someone posted above). A friend of mine had one too, and an awful (but funny story) about it was that he broke his figures out of the Batmobile and somehow lodged the Robin figure in his nostril and had to be taken to the hospital to have it removed. There were Batcave jokes about his nose that lasted all through childhood.

The other very early Batman-related toy that I got circa kindergarten was the Viewmaster Good Guys giftpak...

that had reels from the Adam West series that I clicked through all the time-I was a big View Master kid and Viewmaster reels were my introduction to super-heroes, I got that giftpak and several Marvel reels for Christmas my kindergarten year and I was hooked on Super-Heroes after that.

A year or so later I got my first Megos, Batmanand Robin included, but they came after that Simms Batmobile and the Viewmaster reels.

-M
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎