Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Dave, you can stop now. Your killing me with this stuff!! I said it before and I will say it again, I cant wait to get those bad boys! Those figures, and I mean all of them, look fantastic!
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
      Ostensibly the idea here is to be able to Build your own hero... This is the first head we'll have available (in a variety of colors) and of course the different styles of boots, gloves/glove tops etc...(in a variety of colors), ad finally our body suits(in a variety of colors).
      -Dave

Okay, THIS is exciting. When, where, how much.... and when again?!

hard... to... wait...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by LadyZod
        Okay, THIS is exciting. When, where, how much.... and when again?!

hard... to... wait...
        Build a hero should launch in June with all the other accessories... Don't hold us to that, China is tricky, but that's the plan anyway.

We'd really like to truck it all in for MEGO MEET So, send prayers, good thoughts, white light...whatever ya got! Oh and if you have any pull with the Chinese government gimme a call

-Dave

Comment

• monkey tennis
          "Kiss my face."
          • Jun 8, 2007

They are all stunning...I am stunned.
          "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• misterdroid
            Banned
            • Jan 10, 2008

You do realize this will change Mego customizing forever? THANK YOU!

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

Gotta say, I'm not a big CA fan, but that Phantom is really awesome looking. I will definately be adding that to my collection, and Achmed as well. Do you have an approx. date for the early bird for Phantom? I would really like to get in on that. The build a figure option is a very good idea also. Customs are extremely popular. I expect it will do well.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• brineb
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 26, 2006

I love them all!!! I am REALLY psyched about the build a hero concept!!!
                I also play with other dolls:
                http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• censy
                  thread killer
                  • Sep 26, 2007

Love the Phantom figure. I will get one of those.

Chris

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by censy
                    Love the Phantom figure. I will get one of those.

Chris
                    Me too!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• lepage
                      The Ape General
                      • Aug 12, 2001

[NYCC PREVIEW] CAPTAIN ACTION GOES RETRO : TOYS

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

Build a hero

Really? Build A Hero - with different outfits and accessories?

We call that Home and it is already up and running!
                        No need to wait until June.

In fact, you tried it before - it was called notdolls and then you gave
                        up and passed it to Austin - and I don't know what is going on with
                        him!

For ten years now I have been doing it the right way with quality,
                        low prices, and quick delivery. I went to Marty Abrams himself
                        and asked for his permission to bring back Mego - which we have
                        been doing right and will continue to do.

Dr. Mego's Repros is not going away - in fact, if things go as I hope,
                        we will be expanding that brand soon. But I prefer to keep my mouth
                        shut until I have something to say.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

I think competition is a good thing. I remember a time when we had to walk 7 miles uphill in the snow to get a shoddy repro part or better yet we made our own out of numerous Captain America heads and Plasti-Dip. We are blessed to have the opportunity to buy Mego/EMCE figures again as well as Dave's revitalization of some pretty cool figures. If we can add new parts for customizers, . . . all the better and there's room enough for everyone to play!
                          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                            • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by megojim
                            I think competition is a good thing. I remember a time when we had to walk 7 miles uphill in the snow to get a shoddy repro part or better yet we made our own out of numerous Captain America heads and Plasti-Dip. We are blessed to have the opportunity to buy Mego/EMCE figures again as well as Dave's revitalization of some pretty cool figures. If we can add new parts for customizers, . . . all the better and there's room enough for everyone to play!
                            I agree, and as I find out about more options for custom parts/displays, I try to work them into my budget. Many of the suppliers have different styles or specialize in unique parts, which may make them more attractive for a particular project. I try to utilize the guys that have what I need, can deliver it in a reasonable amount of time, and do quality work. No one wants to wait 8 months for their order to come in, or be disappointed in the quality. I am glad there are a variety of suppliers to choose from for custom parts, because they all have Pros and Cons depending on what you are after. I usually end up using parts from several suppliers, and besides that, I want to try to help support them. It isn't like the market is flooded. Several great sources have shut down in the last couple years, so there is certainly room for variety.
                            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• DocDrako
                              Formerly Doc Drako
                              • Nov 11, 2004

If there's very much more Mego-like stuff coming out I'm going to explode! It's awesome! That new Phantom villain is so cool! I want all of that stuff!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Well...this is not a slam on Doc Mego...but I for one am happy about David Lee's new Custom Body! the "Bulked-up" LJN style Arms is much appreciated! In fact...the new EMCE Gorn could have used them. Plus the fact that They will be made of a softer Plastic...will make Them easy to attach Custom Resin Heads to. There is definately room for more than one source, for Custom Mego Stuff!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎