Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dracula Colorized

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Oh really? No choice on those? That really does stink.
    I bought the first season on HD DVD when Toshiba lost the format war and everyone was blowing out HD DVDs cheap, no choice on that either, only the new versions. That was before the Blu-ray versions though, at the time Paramount was on the other side of the war. Come to think of it, I haven't watched that set in years, not sure if those discs even work anymore (double sided HD DVDs often had playback/freezing issues after a couple years as it turns out).

Images
    I like the Trek enhanced effects. I am actually halfway through season 2 right now. for season 3 I actually ended up with bluray so it has both versions and it is neat to watch sometimes in the original format. I just always felt the enhanced effects were mostly subtle. some are a little jarring but most are just the exterior shots of the ship and planets

Images
    Iím not against colorizing as long as itís not offered up as the ďstandardĒ version. This has become the case with the colorized version of Miracle On 34th Street. You canít watch it, on TV, unless itís the colorized version. This Christmas; I had to resort to renting the original version via on demand. So, if the colorize these films and offer them as alternative versions, fine, whatever. Just donít colorize them and mysteriously ďloseĒ them in their original format.

What Iíd much rather see is 4K Blu-ray transfers, from the masters, of these films in their original format.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Yes, I like the way it is on the It's A Wonderful Life Blu Ray. 2 discs; one color, one b/w.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^ Thats a good way to go about it. I believe that It’s A Wonderful Life was colorized years ago and, fortunately, in my opinion, NBC and their sister networks only air the original version. It appears that recently colorized is done much, much better, even if it’s not my preference. Don’t get me wrong, I love old movies that were filmed in color such as The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Wizard of Oz and Jesse James. I love all of those 50’s Westerns and other films such as Bad Day at Black Rock that were shot in color while being filmed on location in very scenic areas...wide screen, as well. But, when movies were filmed in black and white, I just tend to prefer them that way.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Last edited by hedrap; Jan 7, '19 at 11:51 AM.