Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holmes and Watson trailer. Wow! Does this look bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I will probably pass on seeing this in the theaters, but I figure it will find its audience and do all right. This feels like a 1970s film (given we got Moore & Cook's Hound of the Baskervilles, John Cleese's Strange Case of the End of Civilisation as We Know It, and Gene Wilder's Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, all within a few years). I assume this speaks more to the clout Ferrell has, and I think he does a good job with his films. He's stumbled a few times, but, overall, he turns in hits, and I remember a trivia fact when Step Brothers came out that his films tend to come in under budget along with being hits, so he has to make execs happy.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Apparently, even the people going to see it are having a hard time with it: https://ew.com/movies/2018/12/27/hol...s-reviews-bad/

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

I love Will and John, they do good work together and on their own, but the moment I watched the trailer I knew something was amiss.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Poor script? Looks like.

Two big stars... classic property exploited....

Looks like the textbook definition of: Cash grab

Even Pryor/Wilder never sunk to temporarily hijacking another franchise for their awkward misses and flops
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I'm a big fan of Reilly, but never cared for Will Farrell, since his SNL days I always wondered what the big fuss was, I just don't find him that funny. So even before seeing the horrid trailer this was going to be a pass for me.

Comment

• MegoRobyn
              Administrator
              • Jun 28, 2016

We went to go see this on spur of the moment impulse. I enjoy these two together, but I forget I mostly enjoy them in a highlight reel, not a 90 minute film. There's about 5 minutes of good stuff in this film. I didn't hate it but was embarrassed to be there.

And absolutely nothing to recommend it as far as a Holmes parody. Just dumb absurdity.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎