Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So what toys did Santa bring you?

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    Thanks. Looking at his outfit and dopey hair, I think he's supposed to be Aaron, one of the two hot shot pilots. Good eye on the Battlestar Galactica comparison. Forgot about those guys.

Ha, I knew it! I thought the body proportions and articulation looked very similar to the Mattel figures, but seeing them side to side, the similarity is even more striking. And hmmm, Popy and Mattel had a business relationship in that era, so coincidence? I think not.

Images
    I got Jakks big fig colossal Batman and a marvel comic art print.

Images
    I got a 6 LB roll of uncut Pork Roll

I'm literally in hog heaven
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Blog Entries
    I just looked up "pork roll" on wikipedia and it sounds fantastic.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    IMG_2284.jpg
    Here is My Christmas Present to Me...;D. The figures are Cotswold repro's but the LJN Mr. Action outfits are originals. I can really consider the outfits as a "Gift" as the ebay seller I got them from listed them as a BIN for an extraordinary great price!!! Yes I will be removing the outfits from packaging. For me this is a kind of "Flashback" to Christmas past. My parents were good at buying presents this way. I would get a high priced item like a GI Joe and then a slew of the Knock-off related items to just knock the whole Christmas thing outta the park. Yep Ma & Pa were the Greatest Parents and I miss them dearly.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

I have not been around these parts much, between work, holidays, travel, family time, holidays, holidays, holidays.
    The end of the year always feels so frazzling.

Anyway, my brother was good to me and gifted me with:
    Bewitched 2 Pack
    Werewolf
    Romulan
    Sabrina from Charlie's Angels

I also received my 14" Flash as well as a second Sabrina and a third Kris from friends, so I have a few extras to play with.
    My goal with CA has been to keep one set as they were produced, in the packages, and then customize a set so they're more to my liking.

So at the end of 2018, I did somehow end up with all of the Mego figures I had been wanting from waves 1, 2, and 3. Which was only a small amount of what they actually produced.
    I feel very grateful, and also a little overwhelmed with material things, as I'm taking down trees and packing up ornaments and cleaning out old clothes to make room for new.
    And my stack of books to-read has gotten higher, and oh, did I mention the Charlie's Angels Complete Series dvd set that was also under the tree?

Sometimes I think what a silly hobby this is, what a waste of space and money.
    How much STUFF can anyone possibly want or need before it just feels confining?
    But there's also something incredibly fun about opening up a present that reminds you of how much fun toys were and can still be!

Anyway, hope everyone else had a terrific, Mego-nificent holiday and that the new year has started off on a positive foot.

Images
    We got the coolest Christmas gift ever, a new fridge!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    I would happily take a new fridge
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I would happily take a new fridge
    Had to sell some of my vintage SW to pay for it. You just cannot food cold in a rebel fighter, I know, I tried….
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Now that you have a new fridge, I recommend that you immediately go out and get a 6 LB uncut Pork Roll.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.