Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vader Fan Film

If I may chime in...

The Rogue One Vader was the first time that we got to see the absolute fear that he instilled just by being present. Nowhere in the OT is it presented like that. When those Fleet Troopers caught the first glimpse of his silhouette, they knew they were all going to die.

edit:
    I just watched the Rogue One ending again after posting. The scene is chilling. THIS is Vader at his best (or worst). While ROTS Vader (pre-NOOOooooo) is probably more powerful; R1 Vader is more evil.

To the earlier point about the duels... the prequel duels all seemed like choreographed dances. I never felt the sense of threat and urgency like the duels of the OT. Especially Luke and Vader on Death Star 2. Until it ends, you don't know if Luke will escape and live or go down fighting (or refusing to fight).

End of line.
    Last edited by Allie Fox; Dec 27, '18 at 8:08 PM.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^

Images
    My only complaint in Rogue One is that the actor didnít move enough like Vader. He had too much flourish to his gestures. Minor quibble, but I thought it was noticeable.

This can film is well made, but I have to laugh at all the celery stalks that were sacrificed for the enumerable bone crunching sounds.

Images
    that was really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin19 View Post
    My only complaint in Rogue One is that the actor didn’t move enough like Vader. He had too much flourish to his gestures. Minor quibble, but I thought it was noticeable.
    I agree with this 100%! I'm not sure it's a minor quibble at all. If it were not for the Fleet Trooper at the door screaming, "HELP US!" in pure terror, the horror of Vader's presence might have been lost in the "flourish" of his gestures. That Trooper's abject fear brings you right back to the dark side.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.