Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

I only wish things gently in the sink. Usually it does the trick.
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Trying to wash something and trying to wash extra black dye out of something is a little different.

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        Trying to wash something and trying to wash extra black dye out of something is a little different.
        That's why I suggested Oxiclean, thinking back to those TV commercials. Because TV ads never lie right?
        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Oxiclean works for me. I don't use a whole lot of it for small items.

I have an old raggedy Ann doll that was brown from years of exposure to cigarrette smoke. The oxiclean got all the dirt and icky stuff out of the fabric.
          JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Not much different, really. And yes, a little Oxy works wonders.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Be careful with Oxy on vinyl or rubber stuff tho. I use it to remove dried rubber in GI Joe deep sea diver suits and ponchos. Works great for that so it might not react well with anything that is pleather or rubber.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Be careful with Oxy on vinyl or rubber stuff tho. I use it to remove dried rubber in GI Joe deep sea diver suits and ponchos. Works great for that so it might not react well with anything that is pleather or rubber.

Cool advice THUNDER !!

Oxiclean works for me some on my vintage Megos

Happy New Year, buddy
                Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Riderfan
                  Megos are cool
                  • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I've Oxicleaned POTA chimp & gorilla tunics without issue.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with you thunderbolt in that when your cleaning your vintage toys (Mego, GI Joe or otherwise) always be careful.
                  I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Riderfan
                    I've Oxicleaned POTA chimp & gorilla tunics without issue.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with you thunderbolt in that when your cleaning your vintage toys (Mego, GI Joe or otherwise) always be careful.
                    any kind of dried out pvc or rubber will turn to powder in Oxy clean.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

Now we have to clean these so they don't get black stains.Where is the Q.C on these ?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by wise guy
                        Now we have to clean these so they don't get black stains.Where is the Q.C on these ?
                        My point was its across all toy lines with soft goods in the last 20 yrs or so not just Mego. Famous Covers and the Hasbro 9 inch ones had the same problem and Famous Covers had worse issues.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎