el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Merry Christmas everyone!

sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Dude, rant away it's called a conversation, post that YouTube stuff and I don't consider that the same. Merry Christmas man, I consider us friends.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

OK Hec. let me set you straight and we can go back to our holiday cookies and family angst:

Batman beating Superman--utterly ridiculous, only Captain Marvel can do that

Phantom Menace et al-- YMMV but in my not very enfranchised opinion, yuck

Tom Welling--He's dreamy but not an engaging Superman. Might be the show's fault, not his. Alan Ritchson was pretty good.

Dallas Cowboys--Go Chicago Owls!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

BTW, I ADORE Wonder Woman. I don’t mind her beating Superman, she’s a true baddarze, an experienced fighter. Supergirl has never been a great fighter, just super strong.

I was kinda disappointed how easily Superman handled both Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg with ease in the JL movie.

But my favorite scene...Superman “Do you bleed” comment was way better than Batman’s...

That was friggin awesome...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            Dude, rant away it's called a conversation, post that YouTube stuff and I don't consider that the same. Merry Christmas man, I consider us friends.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              OK Hec. let me set you straight and we can go back to our holiday cookies and family angst:

Batman beating Superman--utterly ridiculous, only Captain Marvel can do that

Phantom Menace et al-- YMMV but in my not very enfranchised opinion, yuck

Tom Welling--He's dreamy but not an engaging Superman. Might be the show's fault, not his. Alan Ritchson was pretty good.

Dallas Cowboys--Go Chicago Owls!

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Now that's a stocking-stuffer.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I do have to admit the dude in the video is mighty crass at his attempt to bring down the Supergirl show. I don’t wish its demise, on the contrary, it’s cool that girls have something they can relate, enjoy, and feel good about themselves, that’s cool.

My point, and only point, has been the blatant disrespect towards Superman. I’m flabbergasted that DC/Warner Brothers are fine with this...it boggles my mind...
                  sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I think this guy is full of it. I think the CW is doing the best they can with the limited rights they have to the Superman character.

The CW DC Universe has established that (and it was clearly on display in the crossover):

Flash = their Superman
                    Green Arrow = their Batman
                    Supergirl = their Wonder Woman

So, of course, they are going to build around that core trio.

But still, his rant (1) ignores the fact that some of those comments were a reflection on Clark's modesty, (2) ignores the Lois and Clark bits that were totally nailed the characters, and (3) understates his role in the action (particulary, when you consider his role as both Hero and as the "blueprint" for the Big Bad). I suppose that Youtuber would prefer it if Superman said, "Well, Kara, I need to go away for a while because DC Films won't let me slum any longer on network TV... Earth is probably screwed when I leave, but I'm a selfish s.o.b. so I don't really care what kind of mess I'm leaving for you"? Or maybe he just wants to rant...

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Again, that’s all fine and dandy. But AGAIN...my main problem is making Superman into a useless pile of dung bowing to Supergirl every scene they are in, again and again. Limited rights? I think they have too many rights/freedom turning Supes into a worthless punching bag. This is the most disrespectful portrayal of Superman ever, by miles...

I want Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman to show up and beat the living snot outta Melissa Benoit’s Supergirl...

Last edited by Hector; Dec 26, '18, 12:12 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Oh no, they are buds...

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          I refuse to watch any fan rants on YouTube anymore, just a sea of incels these days searching for conspiracy and slight with every scene. It's really joyless.
                          I swear, man.... I watch a lot, and I just don't see it that bad.... I mean there are your "incel" types out there... and, I know that you and I both lean differently on our Net ethics/morals, but there's some cool criticism out there....frankly, as a writer, and a philosopher looking to learn more about the world and myself, I could not live without YouTube's perspective.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

My experience is mainly based on what I've seen in Doctor Who and SW fandom. It is very hard to wade into those forums without finding a culture of blame and attack culture similar to what is seen in a lot of the 24 news cycle. As soon as I hear "_______ Agenda" or rants about "PC Culture" I know there is nothing to learn because this person went in full of biases/preforgone conclusions and went looking for it under every easter egg.

ie When jokes from three years ago are dissected as "laying the groundwork for blah blah blah", you're doing it wrong.

Thanks to the algorithm, Youtube really wants me to know when these guys update, which is almost hourly lately.

However, other than comic tropes, I don't really watch many superhero related Youtubers, so i could be offside, maybe that's more evenly keeled.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                              Again, that’s all fine and dandy. But AGAIN...my main problem is making Superman into a useless pile of dung bowing to Supergirl every scene they are in, again and again. Limited rights? I think they have too many rights/freedom turning Supes into a worthless punching bag. This is the most disrespectful portrayal of Superman ever, by miles...

Superman can be nightmare to write for, he's so powerful, I mean how many "Batman Vs Superman" jokes did you have to hear in 2016? Writers usually tone him down or in the case of "Justice League" gave him little screen time because, he'd have killed Stepponwolfe in five minutes. He's invunerable and taking a bunch of punches pads out the show.

Also, most Flash episodes would wrap up quicker if Barry would just fly in and punch the person rather than stop to take it all in. I can't tell you how many times I've said "what is he doing?". If you look at most CW shows, the characters are punching bags.

Writing him out of the show solves the nagging question of "where is Superman?" that I feel during any connected property with world changing events.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Good points, Brian. Yeah, nothing should ever bother the Flash, but then there would be no show, lol.

However. What you think would happen if Superman beatdown Supergirl?

Exactly, lol...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎