X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
    Good points, Brian. Yeah, nothing should ever bother the Flash, but then there would be no show, lol.

However. What you think would happen if Superman beatdown Supergirl?

Exactly, lol...

Well, it is her show. I used to joke to my wife and daughter (the people in this house who watch it) that Superman will fly in, tussle her hair and say "I'm going to put this on the fridge, little buddy" which wasn't well recieved.

The audience is tuning in for her and well, i bet the demo is more women than men, so they're going to play it a bit different i guess.

At least Supes isn't a dour sourpuss with illplaced Ayn Rand undertones.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      ... illplaced Ayn Rand undertones.
      Love Ayn Rand morality.

But, while Superman is my favorite superhero, I agree that it is, how do I say, an inappropriate thing for the Superman character.

I love self-centered goals that will benefit the world, but I also idealize IDEALISM (as hard as that can be).

And...
      If idealism belongs ANYwhere, its: In a superhero movie-----and if it belongs in any superhero CHARACTER----it belongs in Superman-----or the child-version: Shazam!/Captain Marvel.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

However, other than comic tropes, I don't really watch many superhero related Youtubers, so i could be offside, maybe that's more evenly keeled.
        Well, I wish you the best with whatever you DO watch... I love the comic tropes channel.... plus a few others.... they are my "compliment" to the comicbook educated on this forum. A lot have came into being since this forum started so many years before YouTube.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

It can make for a very interesting character but it's all wrong for Superman.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

If you scan everything looking for a slight, you'll find it. People should try and find some critical thinking.
            I'm probably missing what you're saying exactly, and if I am, then I apologize when I say: Pictures of Kathleen Kennedy wearing shirts that say "THE FORCE IS FEMALE" aren't hard to find.

Rey seems to have a similar quality to that Flash "fly in and punch" description.... I won't say the dreaded "MS" name here.

But when you connect those dots.... of things like that.... I think some PC culture critiques among the pure bile are warranted.

And this is coming from someone whose worst things he's ever said about Rey are in THIS post.

I'm simply using that as an example of the other side of this coin.... the coin being imagined or otherwise.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

It can make for a very interesting character but it's all wrong for Superman.
              I agree.

And the Superman Vs. The Elite movie is the ultimate love-letter to that notion.

i don't know if this board has ever discussed Superman Vs. The Elite.... but its my favorite superhero movie and will always be (although as far as live-action goes... that's another story recently likely changed by Aquaman)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎