X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

CW HATES Superman

This guy’s mirrors what I’ve been saying all along...

Warning, some strong language and middle finger action, lol...

...and that’s the reason I gave up on the CW a couple of years ago...that network is DEAD to me...
    sigpic
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

all very valid and true observations. there is also, I think, a feminist agenda involved in how they handle the Supergirl/Superman dynamic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I refuse to watch any fan rants on YouTube anymore, just a sea of incels these days searching for conspiracy and slight with every scene. It's really joyless.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Incels? I'm sure that isn't really the fact. Quite the divide going on. What is being done to modern entertainment is not a good practice, and killing franchises. The slow death of comics and beloved sci-fi franchises over fifty years old.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
          I refuse to watch any fan rants on YouTube anymore, just a sea of incels these days searching for conspiracy and slight with every scene. It's really joyless.
          Unfortunately, politics have been so heavy handed in modern comics and TV. It's become unavoidable to the discussion.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

If you scan everything looking for a slight, you'll find it. People should try and find some critical thinking.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
              If you scan everything looking for a slight, you'll find it. People should try and find some critical thinking.
              Agreed, seems like everyone can find fault with anything and turn into a nerd rage fest. Supergirl was implied to be stronger than Superman back in Crisis so its been around for longer than this conspiracy. And quite frankly, Superman is just a guest star on the show.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 25, '18, 2:00 PM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

The only thing joyless is seeing Superman turned into everyone’s punching bag...zero respect for the superhero who started it all...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Agreed, seems like everyone can find fault with anything and turn into a nerd rage fest. Supergirl was implied to be stronger than Superman back in Crisis so its been around for longer than this conspiracy. And quite frankly, Superman is just a guest star on the show.
                  You should talk. I can’t wait for Batman to guest star in the soon to come Batwoman series...and seeing her mop the floor with Bats...let’s see how you feel then, lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

...and my “nerd rage fest” actually has nothing to do with battle of the sexes. It has to do with mutual respect. Supergirl show just disrespects and insults Superman constantly, non-stop. Why do they have to show him as totally useless? When he said the world no longer needed him because of Supergirl...that’s just criminal. Might as well just kill off Superman and get it over with.

Then what’s the point of enjoying your childhood superheroes then?

Ok, end of rant...I’ll rewatch Ray Donovan, that show rules...and that’s hardly a “nerd” show...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
                      The only thing joyless is seeing Superman turned into everyone’s punching bag...zero respect for the superhero who started it all...
                      You said it, DC was built on Superman and Batman. To disrespect either one to promote a derivative character is beyond the pale imo. Don't have Superman on if you're going to make him a joke.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

So this is Christmas.........:-)

Supergirl is a fun show IMO. I don't mind the CW take on back seat Superman of Earth Whatever. I think we're lucky to get any version on the small screen. (Does Steve Rogers visit Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D much?) I'm not real happy about Aquaman's heavy metal biker look but you won't find me ranting on youtube.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Why is it a rant? I’m not insulting anybody. I’m not screaming on top of my lungs. I’m simply pointing out why this is so disappointing to me, that’s all. Yes, these are FICTIONAL characters, I’m very well aware of that...so “ranting” about FICTIONAL characters is not a crime. I’m entitled to my opinion as long as it’s civil and within these forums rules.

...and just because it’s Christmas...I’m forbidden to talk about this???

I’m sure you have disagreed with something in the past...no one here is perfect...
                          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

The ranting reference is I think to your youtube link, not you personally.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I hardly rant about stuff.

These are probably my main ones that I’ve posted in the past...

Batman beating Superman
                              The Phantom Menace and its sequels
                              Tom Welling
                              The Dallas Cowboys

Never talked negatively about any of the toys ever mentioned here. I don’t buy the new Megos, but I’m not going to disrespect all the dedicated and hard working people who brought that line back to life.

...and I have always been the defender of minorities playing whatever they want to play, I’m very open-minded.

Oh, and my all time favorite movie character is Ellen Ripley (along with Superman of course). I’m about equal rights.

So forgive me for trying to protect and defend the honor of my all time favorite childhood superhero...
                              Last edited by Hector; Dec 25, '18, 4:47 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎